add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SO this is it.. still need feedback though..

dk4dk4dk4

37 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pXPzFd

I'm about to build this rig next week I haven't ordered the RAMs, and would like you guys' opinions on this. Which RAM should I get? I want 32GB because I do a lot of video editing. In terms of knowledge when it comes to speed/cas/latency, I have none. (though I have deducted to 2666>3000 ram speed) My other concern is the CRYORIG. If I go for this RAM set, will it fit? Is there anything I should change to this rig? Anything unnecessary? (It's probably come down to the RAM anyway..)

Thanks guys for any input

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Im guessing you will be making a lot of videos? From what i know, (and i still consider myself to be a below average when it comes to building pcs) this should work alright, the one concern i have is the SSD, if your going to be making a lot of videos that can take up a lot of storage, so i would say get a hard drive when you start running low. If you cant add in a hard drive later then i would switch out the ssd for a hdd right now. All the ssd is going to do is increase load up times which will mainly be for booting up the operating system.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I didnt put in any in because I already have enough. Thanks for the input man

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

np

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Go with the scythe Fuma instead. It is among the best air CPU coolers out there. Only problem is that you have to be careful not to over tighten the mounting screws. I also recommend this ram as it's cheaper and faster. The Scythe Fuma and the ram I chosen shouldn't have any compatibility issues. You may need to slightly whist the CPU fan higher though so the ram can fit.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

that sounds like something I don't wanna do I'll probably stick with the cryorig for now because I plan to do custom water loop in 2 3 years anyways. Thanks man

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You are owerpaying for 32gigs by buying them via 16 gigs just buy a 32 gig combo it will be cheaper

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I just realized that, thanks man

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $259.00
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler $46.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $95.00
Memory G.Skill Aegis 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $86.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Aegis 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $86.89 @ OutletPC
Storage PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.99 @ Best Buy
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card $410.31 @ Amazon
Case Corsair 760T Black V2 ATX Full Tower Case $119.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $91.98 @ Newegg
Monitor Asus PB278Q 27.0" 60Hz Monitor $379.99 @ Best Buy
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1711.91
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $1681.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-21 01:22 EST-0500

I would just recommend two sticks of RAM. You don't want to use all of your RAM slots. I also chose low-profile RAM for you. Since you say you do a lot of video editing, I put in a 120gb SSD, for the OS and initial editing program, and the 2 TB HDD for all your actual videos. The difference between 2133 and 2300 is almost unnoticeable.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually like high-profile RAM, lol. but thanks anyway man. Is that PNY SSD decent? Ive always used Samsung so I'm a little skeptical

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

PNY is good. Samsung is better, but that SSD is good for its price.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube