add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Medium setting WoW machine

Enchanted6

37 months ago

is this an okay build to get my daughter by on Wow for the next two years on medium settings?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/PMjJm8

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow heavily prefers Intel CPU's and Nvidia GPU's and anyays the FX 4350 is of poor value for a gaming build in general. Also that HDD is actually used if you read over the Amazon reviews since some people are saying its not new and complaining of them which is likely due to them being sued and just about all reviews have something to say about the noise. Also I can't find a review on that PSU so I would avoid it.

Are you using mail in rebates?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

the intels cpus are alot more. I am going to use anything that i can get to discounyt the prices. even thought about refurb parts but not sure.

Any suggestions?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

A Pentium G4400 would actually be cheaper, that is just a myth.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor $57.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus H110M-E/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $37.98 @ Newegg
Memory *ADATA XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory $37.50 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card $109.99 @ B&H
Case Azza Cosmas ATX Mid Tower Case $14.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $46.97 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $83.89 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WN722N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter $12.29 @ Newegg
Case Fan Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan $3.34 @ Newegg
Keyboard Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $14.33 @ OutletPC
Other JBtek All Red Sleeved PWM Fan Splitter Cable 1 to 2 Converter, 2 Pack $15.05 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $548.11
Mail-in rebates -$65.00
Total $483.11
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-21 14:26 EST-0500

It has a much better CPU and GPU for WoW. it has a brand new HDD. It has what is likely a much better PSU. I included another case fan since the case doesn't come with a rear fan and I tried for a red and black theme although I spent like maybe $3 extra trying to do it so it wasn't a lot of money. I ditched the optical drive since you can install Windows by USB if you have a flash drive laying around and same for the drivers.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

THanks for the help. Also would i need to include a sound card? like i said i am still new?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the motherboard has on board audio.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I am currently running Intel core I3 on the current laptop and can play wow at the very lowest setting. with low 10-20 FPS when in heavy traffic areas or high graphics. I just need something that will be around $400 to build and that needs to include the OS and mouse and keyboard,

I still haven't built my first one yet and want this to be the experiment before i build mine. So any suggestions will go a long way

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Laptop cpus are very different to desktop cpus, even when they have the same kinda name like i3 etc (due to needing to keep heat produced to a minimum, laptops also have weaker cooling due to limited space), your laptop also likely has integrated graphics (the gpu is built into the cpu) so that also provides less performance than a separate gpu card (unless the card is very old).

Userbenchmark will give you an idea of the difference if you punch in the cpu model from your laptop and compare it to the desktop i3 or even the g4400 in vagabonds build will likely be more powerful I would guess.

Also would i need to include a sound card?

Adequate sound card is built into the mobo, speakers/'phones can just plug straight in the back.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube