add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i7 6700k or i5 6600k?

KurtCobain

37 months ago

Hey PCPP forums. I just have a question that I hope you guys can answer for me. So I am gonna be building my first PC in less than two months and I am so excited about it. Part List HERE ---------> http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LmYLwV So if you haven't already looked at this you will notice that I have the almighty 6700k. My question is though, if I am going to be streaming NON Cpu Intensive games like (CSGO) do I really need to spend the extra money on the i7 when I can be the i5? I only plan on streaming that game in particular and maybe some skyrim SE but that is all, and I don't even plan on streaming for like a year or two from now as I need to get a good mic to do this type of this stuff. So I need your guys input. I want to get the i7 6700k just because it is an i7, but I acknoledge that it will not improve gaming FPS by much. Now I also like the 6600K and I don't hate it because it is an i5, but people online tell me the i7 is superior in terms of streaming. So I am kinda caught in the middle of deciding, and I need to know because I plan on buying my CPU on Black Friday since Micro Center has some good deals till the end of the month where the 6700k is $250 and the 6600K is $180 which is a $70 difference that I could save or spend it on other things. SO all in all I will BE streaming NON-Cpu Intensive games and I dont plan on streaming any of them that are CPU intensive. I would also like to save a bit of money and have an OC processor to get more performance out of it. I don't plan on doing any HEAVY video editing but I do plan on doing some modest editing though. So tell me guys what do you think I should do? Feel Free to ask questions and be on the lookout for my build next year!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

WAIT! Whatever you are going to get (for gaming the i5) wait for Kabylake!!! Its coming this year in like 4-5 weeks and has the new i7 7700k or i5 7600k that are basically improved 6700k and 6600k. YOu can use the same Motherboard and hardware but they are more effective and are better in overclocking.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yea BUT they are going to expensive as hell on day one and they will be super super pricy. I understand it is coming out but its not that much of a performance boost. PLUS if I want to upgrade I can buy a KabyLake CPU. If I were to spend the extra money on something it would be the GPU. Thanks for the input I appreciate it!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

you are welcome.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ye I plan on upgrading it IF I do decide on streaming. I am not really sure yet on what I want to do in terms of streaming so Im going with the i5 since I can always upgrage it especially with kabylake if I want to upgrade.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The thing is though I plan on putting more stuff inside my case that takes up more watts and I might go SLI later on. I also plan on doing a bit of heavy OC so I kinda really need the H100I. As for the ram I will prob upgrade that to maybe 2400 or 2666. Thanks for the imput i appreciate it!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube