add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
burnteggoz

37 months ago

So I'm doing some decent upgrades and this is my second time doing anything major so I'd appreciate some help! I've already got the case, power supply, cooler, hard drive, and the two Solid state drives. also I'm kinda curios what the compatibility note means. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2hRTzM

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

That PSU is way overkill for that system. a 550 watt will do just fine. If you want to upgrade in the future, a 650w. And there are cheaper 1060's out there, but if you want to keep that, that's fine. Did a little bit of digging. This is what the compatibility note means (probably)

"If you were to add a M.2 SSD you would disable two of the SATA ports. SATA ports are used to connect your SSHD, HDD, and SATA SSDs. BTW all the SATA ports in your motherboard are SATA 6Gb/s ports meaning they can transfer up to that speed if your storage is able to."

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I'll look into other GPUs as for the PSU though it's just what came out of my last build which was probably overkill but hey I'ma a noob. Thanks for the info about m.2. I'll be looking for into that!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube