add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1k-1200$+ gaming + streaming build . Is this overkill? Please Help Me + My girlfriend buy xmas parts :D

ARiESFiRE

37 months ago

I am going to be building a PC for gaming + streaming and this was a streamer friends setup sent to me . He said he bought most stuff off amazon and that this could be more than i need but will be future proof so i wouldn't have to rebuild another pc in a year or two . I am trying to build a PC at the best cost i can but i don't want to sacrifice performance or quality . My girlfriend will be helping out with gifts so she told me to tell you guys to do your best with helping and she loves you for the support and advice xo ! thank you so much for your help it really does mean the world since i am not savvy with this stuff and am just trying to build a real good PC for as best cost as possible and not be ripped off or make unneccessary purchases / overkill .

CPU: Intel i7-6700k 4.00Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX Ram: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR 3200MHz Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Red. Power Supply: EVGA 500 W1 80+, 500W Cooling: Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler. HDD: WD 1TB 7200rpm; WD Blue 3TB 5400rpm. Video: On-board Monitor: Insignia 24" TV Keyboard/Mouse: $20 Walmart Specials Video Camera: Logitech HD Pro C920 Keyboard Camera Logitech HD C270 Capture Card: Elgato HD Pro Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Rileysun 3-in 1-out HDMI Adapter HTTX 1x2 Fiber Optic Splitter Adapter

if you have a breakdown for me of a better setup for a better cost .. we would GREATLY appreciate it . I thank you for your time and effort in helping with this , it really does mean the world . Thank you and be well :) merry christmas .

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I might have missed something, but you're planning to game using onboard CPU graphics?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

First off, not too bad of a build. You might not get much OC performance out of the PSU, but running at stock SHOULD be okay, I would highly recommend throwing those parts into a calculator. But in regards to:

will be future proof

I highly do not recommend attempting to future proof a computer unless you need to live on the bleeding edge of hardware compatibility, as it can not only be expensive, but may not always yield the best performance. Going with components which are the best deal now is your best bet. If you want to hear about it more, here is a video that may help out with that idea. And finally, you may want to go with some sort of dedicated GPU if you are still set on future-proofing. If you are planning on saving up for one over time that is okay, but if you are thinking about running most modern games off of an integrated GPU at 1080p, you might have some sort of struggles running on medium or high settings. Overall, I would recommend refining your build a bit, and try using the integrated building application to make it easier to read, compare, as well as to help you easily edit components based on feedback.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube