add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this a good build? Quick Response would be much appreciated.

WillyDuggan

37 months ago

I am very new to PC and wanted to create my own pc. Can anyone tell me if i can run most games in 1440p at high fps.

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $299.99 Buy CPU Cooler

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.99 Buy Motherboard

MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $129.99 Buy Memory

G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory $154.99 Buy Storage

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $164.99 Buy Video Card

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card $414.89 Buy Case

NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 Buy Power Supply

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 Buy Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $98.99 Buy Monitor

Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27.0" 144Hz Monitor $532.33 Buy Total: $2031.14

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Any different suggestions on Parts would be very helpful if i am doing something wrong with this build.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA nex/g1 psu is a weak point, swap for their g2 model or other well reviewed unit, everything else looks great imo.

• 37 months ago
  • -1 points

Ok so first of all, i would say you are paying way to much for RAM. IK IK, we all probably fell for the trident Z look trap, however, its really not that good. Get Dominator or something. I do not know what type of power you are going for, but i would recommend getting a i7 4970k. With that, I don't know if you know this or not, but make sure to get lga 1150 socket Motherboard. the processor will cost a bit more so, i would recommend degrading your PSU from full modular (choosing what cables you want to use, (for a bit more experienced people depending), down to a semi modular ( only the necessary cords) and getting a titanium or bronze certification which will work perfectly. Then finally the monitor. You could probably find a way less expensive monitor with the same specs. The term ROG always will make the product overpriced. Generally any thing like that will, just a rule of thumb.

Anybody is free to correct me, i make mistakes just like everyone else, but please do not hate.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I do not know what type of power you are going for, but i would recommend getting a i7 4970k. With that, I don't know if you know this or not, but make sure to get lga 1150 socket Motherboard. the processor will cost a bit more

This makes no sense whatsoever. The 6700k is just as powerful as the 4790k if not more powerful.

i would recommend degrading your PSU from full modular (choosing what cables you want to use, (for a bit more experienced people depending), down to a semi modular ( only the necessary cords)

Why? A fully modular PSU will really help out a first time builder. However, I do see your point

and getting a titanium or bronze certification which will work perfectly.

80+ ratings mean almost nothing. Regardless, 80+ Bronze and Titanium are completely different ratings

You could probably find a way less expensive monitor with the same specs.

Not true. I'm surprised he got the PG278Q, a 1440p 144Hz w/ G-Sync monitor for under $600

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The monitor was a wild guess, lol thanks for that. However, if you look at the benchmarks the i7 6700k is just not as powerful. Ive The bronze and titanium are completely different ik, but i think i missed the point.. xD. i have proof if you want that the 6700k is not as powerful though if you want to see. Love you with all my heart for the instruction lol no ****.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe there are a few tasks that favor the older Haswell architecture or most likely they haven't been optimized for Skylake. But majority of the time Skylake wins out. Plus, you get a new chipset and socket with many new features and DDR4.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, you seem like you know some stuff, i would like your help on something of my own. I made it for my dad and would like any advice at all.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course man

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

So basically, i would be running duel 4k monitors with software dev on them. Im not going to be gaming or anything. The parts below are not exact, however they are close enough to have the same stats. The timing on the RAM is a bit off though. http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/6kmPxr/desired-workhorse-build

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

budget?

Can we PM?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry I didn't mention this in the comment preceding this, ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS DisplayPort HDMI DVI Eye Care Monitor that is a monitor with the same specs going for $379.99

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

The PG278Q is not the same as the ROG Swift PG278Q. The normal PB278Q only has a refresh rate of 60Hz, it doesn't have G-Sync, and its IPS vs TN

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Forgive my english btw if its bad.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

And I meant silver not titanium. Stupid me.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Silver RSUs are rare and most, if not all, are not good. A good budget PSU would be the new CXM series from Corsair. (CX450M, CX550M, CX650M. Not the Cx750M)

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for the response i am very new to all of this and this will surely help

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube