add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Confirm Setup - VR / 4 Display / Future Proof

hilldb4

37 months ago

I am trying to design a rig that will support four monitors for work and VR for play. I have attempted to do so while staying under $2000. The build also attempts to allow for upgrading the GPU to either two 1070's or one of the next gen GPUs in the next couple years. As a side note, I don't store much on my PC -- almost nothing except programs and games -- thus the small hard drives.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tNWmFd

Please respond with any issues you see.

Thanks!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

hey, just checked out your build! looks crazy good except 1 part. Id say go with some more ram since youre using four monitors. I have 3 monitors and at first i tried 16 gigs of ddr4 and it wasn't working to well, then bought a stick of 4 gigs of the same type of ram and it really made the difference!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

So adding an extra 4 gigs to hit 20 gigs of ddr4 did the trick.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube