add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where and in which configuration should I mount my radiator ?

Bera

38 months ago

Well , I'm currently waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive (I have some not all of them) . Anyways , these days i was really sad about the case i got (fractal define s ) , the complaint being that i dont like is simplistic looks , and no psu shroud (altough many will disagree probably , i like more "gaming" cases but yeah anyways) . Now I was thinking how should i mount the radiator (which is the deepcool maelstrom 240t) . I was thinking about at the top as exhaust , but im not sure how good its going to be , as maybe hot air will be going trough the heatsink . Im also a lil bit concerned with the fact that it doesnt have a dust filter at the top . I have the 2 140mm included fans + the rads fans + 1 120mm fan (a segotep polar wind) .So where and which config to put the rad ? And btw , if you want to make me a little sad . which cases support top radiators and also have a psu shroud ? And one little question : if lets say i put the rad in the front (like in a s340 or p400) , would it be bad for the rest of the components? if yes , how bad (Like temps) Btw , the processor is the intel i7 6700k and the gpu is the asus gtx 1070 strix version .

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The answer is: It doesn't matter how you orient the radiator. Whether it's mounted in the front or the top it's going to cool the same and it's not going to effect your other components. I would personally mount it in the front then mount a single exhaust fan in the back and one on top and keep them at a lower rpm.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube