add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 7 30 day free trial

valrykie
  • 42 months ago

okay so i built my PC recently and when i went to install windows 7 via an old optical disk i had laying around, when i went to go type in the product key it said it wasn't valid and i didn't understand why so i went into windows 30 day trial and it said that the key was for upgrades only. So i took to Microsoft and they don't sell windows 7 keys anymore, then i visited Kinguin and i think there prices are too good to be true. I didn't want to install W10 because i am concerned that they spy on you but i will backup my files and install W10 if i am forced to. I also cant install W10 as im currently in W7 without a product key. So therefore would i have to backup my files, wipe my hard drive and then do a clean install? if I were to install W10.

Someone please help im kind of running out of ideas and have had bad experience with windows 10 on my laptop because its glitch and is pretty optimized compared to 7

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

With Kinguin you would be basically paying to pirate since it would break the ToS so its not legit. Just buy a key for it on here.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Would i have to wipe my hdd since im running an unactivated version of windows?

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

No, you would just need to enter the key. Just make sure the key is for your version of Windows.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

but my key is ''unsuitable'' to use because apparently it was made to upgrade from a previous OS

• 42 months ago
  • 0 points

I'm pretty sure kinguin is a legit site. Paulshardware did a video on it a while back and it worked

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

They aren't legit, he is talking out of his ***/didn't do his research/or is getting paid

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/195682-i-put-together-a-build-today-any-advicechanges-you-would-make#cx2066494

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

The sale of those keys violate Microsoft ToS, and the keys may be unexpectedly disabled. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

It is not legitimate. It is piracy, which is illegal.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

yes iv'e watched that video but im worried about Microsoft revoking my key

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

You're right, I forgot about that possibility. Only other thing I can think of is if you're a student and can get some kind of student discount or if you know a friend or family member with one that might give/sell it to you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube