add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus 290x VS MSI 290x

Flobengogen

72 months ago

Hey guys im thinking of buying a 290x but not sure which to go with. Asus or MSI. What would you guys choose and why. Cheers

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Performance wise, they'll most likely be the same since they are both reference cards. Asus one comes with BF4 but is about ~$75 more (according to this site) so I would personally go with the MSI one because it is cheaper.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the only reason I got the Asus 290x was because that was the only one available on Newegg. I would have gone with MSI b/c it was cheaper.

Oh well, yolo!

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If you really care about performance, go with Asus. MSi uses Elpida RAM while Asus uses far superior Samsung RAM. The difference in performance is only really noticeable if you try to overclock VRAM a lot. Samsung RAM will reach higher frequencies.

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

Cool, then I'm glad I didn't get the MSI and got the ASUS instead.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking, you won't notice a difference. But it might last longer, who knows :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube