add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to check if build works w/o OS

zulianandre
  • 42 months ago

Hey guys! Just finished building my first PC, and before installing an OS I wanted to check if I did everything correctly. But how do I do that? I have a monitor and everything. Thanks!

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

If you meant POST check, click on the following link: How to POST Test a Motherboard

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Turn it on, see if you can boot into the BIOS, and check temps is what I would do.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Press the power button....

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

just connect everything and turn on the power supply then turn on the motherboard then bam!

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

and also check the RAM,CPU,GPU if they're running fine and what its supposed to be. like if the RAM are in the correct slots, etc.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks all of you for your help! I knew it had to boot in to BIOS but forgot the motherboard HDMI was disabled, once I had my video card up. Plugged the HDIM to the video card, and it works perfect. Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm learning. Soon I'll post the complete built, with the temps and all. Again thank you all so much.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube