• Offensive content will be removed

Topic

chiliflavor 28 months ago

Hello! Please help me on this build

So I've made this one PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $190.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $65.98 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $47.98 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card $179.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case $54.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $52.02 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $670.84
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $640.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-29 06:07 EST-0500

My main goal is for playing WoW, Diablo 3 and Dota 2. I have at most $600-$650 (for this website's components price) budget since components are overpriced here in the Philippines. That build is actually $800 here, so I'm looking for opinions regarding that build if it is enough or lacks something with my preferred gaming and in order to optimize my budget as well as an extra money for monitor and operating system.

Kindly change anything from that build if possible. Some questions:

1) I want to play WoW in ultra high settings in 1080p, is my build at the borderline of these kind of settings? Follow up for WoW players, can I still play in ultra high if I am in a 40-man raid with this setup?

2) Do i really need to buy a cpu cooler? I do play every night with an average of 5 hrs and whole day of Saturday and Sunday if I am free.

3) How can I know if this build can maximize its features? I have read some articles regarding network bandwidth blah blah, but I am not a techy guy. I'm still researching though and for overclocking also

4) I'm thinking of replacing the GPU to sapphire nitro+ rx 480, how's that good in relation to my build? i can save up to $60 for doing that

5) I also do open itunes and google chrome while gaming, is 8gb of RAM is enough?

6) I'm planning to buy a 24 inches monitor, how's that good in relation to my build?

I am currently looking at the store's website https://dynaquestpc.com for available products because not all listed in this website is available in our country. And some of the parts are much cheaper, for example the hard drive western digital 1TB is cheaper than a seagate barracuda 1TB. If you have spare time kindly look at the available pc parts. Furthermore, I am not thinking of upgrading it yet. So I plan to have a pc that will last at least 3-5 years haha. Hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------

7) Does my psu is enough to power the gpu in order to maximize its performance?

Comments Sorted by:

Shakaron 5 Builds 2 points 28 months ago

Hi chiliflavor,

I haven't played any WoW or Diablo 3 in the last 3 years and never played Dota 2. However, based on the system requirements I'm pretty sure you will be fine with that CPU to pay these games, even when playing with 40 other players in WoW.

Let's address your questions:

1. Yes, I think you will be ok to handle 40 people raids just fine on high/ultra settings on 1080p.
  2. The stock Intel CPU cooler is fine, you don't need to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler.
  3. I'm not sure what you mean that a build maximizes its features... This is a solid build, nothing really overkill or too low compared to the other components.
  4. The Saphire Nitro+ cards are pretty good choices.
  5. It depends how much **** you have opened. I would suggest not to keep many tabs open in the browser. But, adding extra RAM to your build is always an easy option later on. Go with 8 GB and add 8 GB more if you find it's not enough.
  6. The screen size of the display has really nothing to do with your PCs performance. The resolution does. So what resolution is it going to be? If still 1080p, it shall be perfectly fine.
chiliflavor submitter 1 point 28 months ago

I'll think about the Sapphire Nitro+. I'll be planning to play at 1080p so I think I'll stick to this build.

This is so much help. Thank you very much!

Shakaron 5 Builds 1 point 28 months ago

No worries. :)

chiliflavor submitter 1 point 28 months ago

One more thing, how about the case? can I replace it with a cheaper one? what should I consider when choosing casing?

GammaBear 1 point 28 months ago

Heres what i did while looking for cases:

I made sure compatibility was on, then i went to the lowest price, and i looked at the reviews and went higher in price until i liked the reviews.

I chose a Rosewill STEALTH ATX Mid Tower Case. You'll have to see if that fits your components, but it probably will. Otherwise, if you dont want that case just use the method.

chiliflavor submitter 1 point 27 months ago

Thanks GammaBear! I'll take a look at the reviews of each available cases. :)

Shakaron 5 Builds 1 point 28 months ago

Yes, you can, if you want to save some money.

PCPP will check compatibility, but you can check it manually as well. Make sure the graphics card will fit in the other case as well.

What you might want to look for is:

• noise reduction
  • air filters
  • good air flow (at least 1 x 120/140 mm intake fan support typically on the front, and at least 1 x 120/140 mm exhaust fan support typically on the rear or top)

Higher grade motherboards have further features, like cable tie points, fan connector hubs, dedicated basement for PSU (and storage), etc...

chiliflavor submitter 1 point 27 months ago

Thanks, noted! :)

GammaBear 1 point 28 months ago

I think if you change your motherboard to a MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 it will be cheaper and it should work the same.

Shakaron 5 Builds 2 points 28 months ago

Would it work?

Yes, it would.

Is the Mortar a better motherboard?

Yes, it is.

Shall he change for the cheaper one?

I don't know... I wouldn't cheap out completely on the motherboard.

The Mortar has

• better sound quality
  • more PCIe lanes (which means potentially faster communication with the GPU and/or allows more PCIe devices to be installed)
  • more DIMMs (memory sockets)
  • M.2 slot for WiFi
  • supports Crossfire
  • has more USB 3.1 (trading USB 2.0 for this)
  • the board supports DVI directly

So if any of these is valued for the OP, I would stick with the Mortar instead.

You can find the specifications here:

chiliflavor submitter 2 points 27 months ago

Thanks Shakaron! I'll double check the mobo for sure and I actually chose Mortar because of the sound quality it offers. :)

Shakaron 5 Builds 1 point 27 months ago

Yes, it has better sound options. The whole motherboard is designed targeting gamers. Good choice. :)