add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TeAmmazzoLaZia
  • 40 months ago

I'm building my first gaming pc and I don't know what psu to choose. The three ones which seemed best to me are Antec VPF 650F EC, evga 700b, evga 650bq, corsair cx650m. p.s. keep in mind i bought a 980ti during the black friday. Thank you

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

Out of those the cx650m is the best.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

but if i don't want to get another 980ti because I don't think I'd feel comfortable with 2 of those powered by a 700w psu? if you have other suggestions please make me know

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

700W would be way more than enough for a 980ti, but your choices aren't the most reliable. I would stay away from EVGA B1 as well as Antec. I personally have a 750W EVGA B2 that I got for $50, otherwise CXM'a are good as well as the EVGA G's, and M12II is pretty good as well.

[comment deleted]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

That's true, though at least it's better than B1 or Antec :)

• 40 months ago
  • 3 points

Antec isn't bad...

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Out of those options go with the CXM or jump up to the G2 model line of EVGA. The 700b and 650bq are not that great... nor is the Antec.

• 40 months ago
  • 0 points

You will probably be better off with the 700 watt because more watts is better if you weaver want to throw another card into your ring in the future

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldnt recommend sli on an evga 700b

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

having 700W doesn't say anything about how good a psu is and if that psu can even give 700W.

[comment deleted]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

wow really, that sounds like eh quality

[comment deleted]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Well then i would't suggest that

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like you didn't plug it in fully. The b1 cable connections are very tight and take some force to push on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube