add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will a corsair CX be enough

asimkhaliq77
  • 40 months ago

Specs are

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V CPU: i5 4460 Ram: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" GPU: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX OC Optical drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer

Is a corsair cx600 enough?

Mostly used for gaming

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, a CX430 or 450 would be enough.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

cx430 is outdated. CX450M the upgraded version is much better.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree that the CX450M is the newer and better version. That being said, a cx430 would still work, and is not a bad supply.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, however I'd get the newer one for peace of mind myself.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

So would I.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

It would be plenty, though I would recommend going for CXM as it has better quality 12V rails which are less likely to cause issues and emit a more stable amount of power.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

though I would recommend going for CXM as it has better quality 12V rails

The older CX series also has CXM...... The M just means its semi modular.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the CXM units also have higher quality 12V rails don't they?, and of course I'm talking about newer not older.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

and of course I'm talking about newer not older.

No one can assume you are talking of the new one if you dont specify.. remember there are new and old CXM..

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I know, I didn't mean it that way, sorry.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

ok.. :)

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah ok thanks

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

CX450m or CX550M will be more then enough. CX600 is already an old psu.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but I would strongly reocmmend the new CXM series which is miles better.

[comment deleted]
  • 40 months ago
  • 2 points

They are based on totally different platforms. Iirc the CXM is based on the same platform as the RM series and it has much better performance and better build quality.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Such is the case with the CX430M, CX500M, the CX600M (all discontinued), and their respective CX counterparts. Vagabond specified the new CXMs: the CX450M, CX550M, and CX650M which boast a new platform with DC-DC converters for generating the +5V and +3.3V rails and come with a 2 year longer warranty and 10C higher full power rating.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

The CX's are non modular and the CXM's are semi-modular. You want the new, gray CXM's. They're only a tiny bit more expensive and are much better.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Is a corsair cx600 enough?

You'll want one of the newer, gray series CXM power supplies. If you can provide a link to your parts list, I can calculate how much wattage you need.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube