add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU Fan Header confusion?

cyoo923

38 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3PyGnn

This is my build. I'm using a ASUS z170-A and a Corsair H100iV2 AIO water cooler in the NZXT s340 case. Please tell me what pins to plug both the case fans and the watercooler fans and pump into.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Your motherboard

1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)

1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)

4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 x 4 -pin)

You're going to connect the pump directly to CPU_FAN header. Make sure in bios to disable any auto settings on that header. Look for full speed or manual setting, as the pump has to receive the full 12 volts.

The fans on the liquid cooler will be connected to the 2 connectors coming off the pump.

Case comes with two fans which you can connect each to a chassis fan header. You will still have 2 chassis fan headers left and CPU_OPT.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

So essentially, the entire watercooling setup (fans and pump) will all connect to the CPU_FAN Header?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Pump to cpu_fan header and fans connected to pump..

You can also connect both fans using a splitter to CPU_OPT but its fine as it is.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube