add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need case fan help please!

Luigimp3

82 months ago

I am wanting to put 4 green led case fans into my storm scout case. My question is that where would I plug these case fans into. Its a 3 or 4 pin connector. Does my mother board have spaces for these to plug into or would I not have enough space? I'm new to building a computer this is my first build. Wanting these fans because I have green led mouse and keyboard and thing the green led lit case would look awesome together. Also the fans to cool obviously.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/IZzN

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Your fine dude. You have plenty of space for fan hookups on your mobo

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I have that same motherboard. It has a 4pin PWM chassis fan header at the bottom/right, 4pin PWM & 3pin CPU fan headers above the CPU, 3pin PWR header (full-RPM) above the CPU, and two 3pin chassis fan headers near the exhaust. All fan speeds except for the PWR fan header can be controlled via the BIOS for automatic temperature sensor-based or manual settings.

Some of the photos in my build can give you an idea of fan header locations on Extreme4.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/yPH

The fans you chose are all 3pin based. You can put them on a 4pin header if you need to, you just won't get PWM functionality on that fan.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

They have a 4 pin adapter for them so that wont be an issue there. I want your opinion On my case it can hold 9 fans. 1 back 2 top 2 front 2 side 2 bottom. I was thinking about getting 7 green led fans. Dont want the bottom ones because might be on floor/carpet or whatever. I want the case to be very lit green and very cool. I might even get the I7 with radeon hd 7950. Is 7 even functional? Look at my case and can you give me you opinion? I want it to look badass :D

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

So you want to max out the fans...this is where I tell you to invest in a fan controller. If you try to place two or more fans via a Y-splitter onto a single mobo fan header, you risk drawing too many watts and damaging the motherboard. In addition, a fan controller will allow you more easily control fan speed to your desired settings than the motherboard's BIOS options. As far as lights go, check out these NZXT LED Light Strip or Bitfenix Alchemy LED strip.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube