add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Scythe Fuma or Macho Rev.B

DeadCorpse

38 months ago

Are there any big differences between these two? I am currently building a white/black PC (to the part list) and the Macho Rev B would fit the white more than the Fuma but I saw the Fuma has a very very good cooling ability.

Is there any big perfomance difference between them?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Since you're using a 6700K and the Macho cools nearly as well as the NH-D14, you will most likely be limited in overclocking (you are overclocking, right?) by your 6700K before you really benefit from the FUMA's better cooling potential. I would get the Macho since it would better match the aesthetics of that build. Or you could always replace the FUMA's fans ¯\(ツ)/¯. Normally I would bring up the Macho's better acoustics and RAM clearance but those don't seem to be much of an issue in that build (your part choices, case has sufficient clearance for raising FUMA's front fan).

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahhh ok, it's my first PC build, how exactly would I be able to replace the fumas fans? Do I need certain ones or does any fan of that size fit.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Any fan of that size should fit and work, but you should find ones that:

1. Satisfy you aesthetically, acoustically, and price-wise.

2. Have good airflow (the FUMA's cooling fins aren't tightly packed so airflow-optimized fans are perfectly fine) demonstrated in reviews that test airflow.

If it helps, here's most of the white and white/black 120mm fans on PCPP and hardware.info's case fan test results.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube