add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Might be getting these fans for my case, need opinions

VDragn

73 months ago

So im thinking of getting these Cougar fans http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553009

4 fans for $30 seems like a good deal, and they have decent reviews I might be getting a pair of the Corsairs sp120s too (mostly for the push/pull on the future water cooler). Do you guys think its okay to get these (cougars)?

I dont want to load up on sp120s because they are a bit too pricey, and $20 for noctuas seem pretty expensive too Mb someone can shed some light on why these two are so highly recommended, I was going through the fan list on this site and there are some cheaper fans that push more air

Thanks for your opinions

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Noctua has a reputation of being quiet and durable due to quality bearings used, like the Scythe Kama Flow 2 series. Frequently on the recommended list by silentpcreview.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair is brand that always produces very high quality components (while being a bit expensive). Their case fans are no exception. Noctua fans, while not having the greatest of color schemes, offer similar features and are usually very quiet, reliable, durable, and keep things very cool. If you don't want to spend an extra $10 or so, as long as the case fans do what you want, I don't really see any problem with these fans.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube