add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Product key not valid

undeadxdan
  • 42 months ago

I recently but my first pc after finally getting everything working. Windows 10 is says my key has been used on a different computer. I had an ssd that messed up so i shipped t back to amazon. But i installed windows on my hdd and everything said it was good until now. How do i fix thos issue?

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

If you didn't buy one of those fishy keys out there, then just contact Microsoft.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Phone your regional Microsoft telephone number regarding activation.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

If you brought a key from G2A, MSS, Kingquin, etc you are just SOL sadly since the key breaks the ToS so MS won't help you at all and the sellers are criminals so good luck with that.

Provided you brought a legit copy just contact MS or the place where you brought it from.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure which is why I'm asking, but don't they buy a ton of "OEM" keys and sell them to make you the "OEM?"

• 42 months ago
  • 3 points

No.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/583esh/how_can_i_get_an_os_for_540/

TL:DR MSDN keys, Dreamspark keys, and volume license keys. Also sometimes actual OEM (like Dell) keys literally ripped off from a PC. They also sometimes use stolen credit cards to buy keys.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

well s**. thank you

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Volume of keys had no bearing on whether a key is legal/OEM or not.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

what i meant was I thought they bought a bunch of OEM keys legally, and sold them legally, to you who are now (not legally) the OEM.

They do no wrong, but you do. but that's not the case I guess either way....

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

You are going to need to contact whoever sold you the key and let them know it's not working. If you used a third party software distributor you may be able to contact Microsoft and get support, but if you are consider yourself lucky.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

inb4 kinguin/g2a

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube