add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Cooler Under 34mm?

Monitor

38 months ago

Recently I stumbled upon mini stx form factor (Super tiny). A mini STX case such as the Silverstone VT01S supports CPU coolers 34mm height or under. There aren't many CPU coolers that slim though so what I am asking is which of those is the best for cooling and value, one that I could recommend to others?

The best I assumed was the Silverstone NT07-115X but I haven't looked at any reviews yet. I am happy to see what you guys think.

Thanks

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm planning on doing a build on that case for a friend, and I will probably use the thermaltake gravity...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6gX2FT/thermaltake-cpu-cooler-clp008al09wta

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah thanks. Although I do take your word for it, how did you pick this one out from the rest?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Something to take into consideration when using this case is that you shouldn't go with a cpu that has a tdp higher than 65 watts IMO. Also this cooler is rated for cpu up to 65 watts tdp and all other coolers I have researched are the same..

One thing that I like about this cooler when compared to Silverstone is that this one has a 92mm fan opposed to the 80mm on Silverstone cooler. It will be quieter. The heatsink is also slightly larger which in theory should help dissipate more heat. I have not tested this cooler yet..

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

ID Cooling IS-25i, Reevan Vanxie, Silverstone AR04

I would probably go with the Reevan. It looks like the only option where the fan sits on top of the heatsink and is inside a fan shroud, both of which would likely help performance.

If you went with the Asrock Desmini 110w instead, which is also Mini-stx but a barebone that's about the same price once you account for ancillaries, it appears to have CPU cooler compatibility up to 45mm. That would open up your options to include things like the Raijintek Zelos, ID Cooling IS-40, IS-40Pro, which all feature a larger 92mm fan and one or two more heatpipes vs the Reevan Vanxie.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Going with the Deskmini 110 is definitely a solid option however it is infact 390mL larger. Thanks for you input.

I also really like the idea of putting the silverstone VT01s behind the monitor via VESA mounting. It would look so clean.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That's true. There's certainly a size trade off for the larger cpu cooler and second HDD. :-) You can get a VESA mount for the Deskmini as well, FWIW.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thermaltake Engine 27? It's 27 mm in height.

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002957

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

While it does look nice.. paying 50 bucks for that cooler would be insane.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

It's $50????

**** that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube