add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Laugh with me

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 2 points

You could easily beat it for $500 and if you played your cards right with hunting down deals and/or some used parts you could likely do it for $400.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I have been looking to do something like that .I was hoping of getting a CPU like this so I could spend more on a GPU. Is this any good? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-3930K-3-2-GHz-Six-Core-BX80619I73930K-Processor-/132017958612?hash=item1ebce22ed4:g:pbsAAOxy4eJTK305

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

That depends on what you are doing.

[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm not laughing. A 970 is still a ubiquitous card. Unless you are talking about price.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

True

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Better than 970, not 980 performance.

• 29 months ago
  • 2 points

From the article:

But if you’re already on the PS4 Pro bandwagon, you’ll be pleased to know that running ARK Survival: Evolved on the PS4 Pro will get you 60 FPS at 720p and play around 30-60 FPS at 1080p.

If you can't get 60FPS at 1080P, on a PC for $900, you're doing something wrong.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

An i3-6100 and an RX 470 can do that for like $500 in total of a whole system....

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

It is seriously sad. The PS4 Pro is going to upscale some games to 4K; it can't do native 4K though. I am dying from this article.

Worst part is the quote about requiring a $900 budget to get this performance on PC is from the Lead Programmer and co-founder(of the studio, presumably) on the game. He should know better.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

ARK Box FTW This took me 5 minutes and zero hunting for deals.

• 29 months ago
  • 3 points

Sonys stratigeic move to get you to also spend that extra $500 to $1000 on a new 4K display because **** us right?

Good thing I'll never own one :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube