add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I am extremely indecisive and need opinions of my part list

420NoscopeM8

32 months ago

I am creating a white and black pc with everything planned out. I was wondering if I could make this any better? https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6fwgr7

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

I would probably lose the case fans and get a 1070 if you can

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. The build is kind of expensive for a 1060.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to use the Permalink: not the actual URL of the page.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Didnt notice lol

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

A better PSU, that is mediocre at best. You don't need all of those case fans. Definitely get a SSD.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

:/ I already bought it a pretty bad decision but I mean It will get the job done. Also SSD may be a good idea

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Also Its a pretty good psu with good reviews but its only semi modular

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't have good reviews and it definitely isn't good although it is not bad.

Its more average than mediocre like I thought it was. Its been a long week : /

The Cooler Master G550M is a "Passing" power supply that is better than what we have seen from similarly positioned products from Cooler Master previously. However, the results it posted were never great in any category in our evaluations today. For instance, the voltage regulation was just OK, the efficiency is low for modern standards, and the DC Output Quality is just "good" but not separating this unit from the rest of the pack. The component selection for the unit was not something that screams quality and this unit suffers relative to the price comparable 550W units badly. Indeed, this unit spent most of it's time fighting with the Corsair CS550M and that was not a quality product when we saw it some time ago. That means the G550M isn't going to be one either.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/06/09/cooler_master_g550m_550w_power_supply_review/9

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

its the G750M not G550M and yes you were correct of the G550M being a bad PSU but newegg reviews show that the G750M is not too bad. Here are the reviews https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6fwgr7

The bad reviews are from it being defective which to be honest I had the same problem but I was sent another.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

User reviews don't mean ANYTHING when it comes to PSU's. They can not test it properly and most couldn't even tell what they was looking at even if they did open it up. All they can do is see if its turn off or on and how loud it is. It is based on the same platform as the G750M. Also the G550M isn't bad as explained above. Just average to meh and you could definitely get better for the price.

https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/why-99-percent-of-power-supply-reviews-are-wrong/

There is a lot more to reviewing PSU's than just mentioned above but you don't see any user review with even the most basic stuff done.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Your points are true and reviews can be meaningless. But my psu isnt bad enough to replace it.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

$80 price increase to upgrade you from a 1060 to a 1070. The 1070 is even all white, and fits your build much better than the black and orange 1060 you listed. I also removed unnecessary fans (kept enough for 2 SPs on the rad, and three 120s for inlet / exhaust on the case). I used the stock fans that came with the case, which are black and still fit your build theme. I did this just to drive down cost.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $311.94 @ Vuugo
CPU Cooler Deepcool CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 153.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.99
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $198.98 @ DirectCanada
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $129.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $149.99 @ Amazon Canada
Storage Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card $538.99 @ NCIX
Case Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case $104.99 @ Newegg Canada
Power Supply Cooler Master 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Case Fan Corsair Air Series AF120 White 52.2 CFM 120mm Fan $11.68 @ DirectCanada
Other Phanteks PH-CB8P_WT Phanteks 8-Pin EPS12V Cable Extension 50cm - Sleeved White -
Other Phanteks PH-CB8P_WT Phanteks 8-Pin EPS12V Cable Extension 50cm - Sleeved White -
Other Phanteks PH-CB24P_WT Phanteks 24-Pin ATX Cable Extension 50cm - Sleeved White -
Other White and Black backplate $40.00
Other Custom Backplate Black and white $40.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1646.55
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1626.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-13 12:13 EST-0500
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks but i think the EVGA sc 1070 would be better. Thanks for the other suggestions

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I need the two sp fans for the radiator and the other fans as exhaust for the front mounted radiator also I dont think the PSU would have any problems?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

im using it right now for a different pc

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube