add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
LilJoe

32 months ago

Is this PSU any good? I think even though its sold by fractal its made by seasonic and seasonic is a pretty niche brand but I want to make sure and not have my soon to be bought and built pc to burn down my house :P https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/dYJkcf/fractal-design-power-supply-fdpsued1b450w

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

seasonic is a pretty niche brand

/s right? That is like saying Ford or Toyota is a small car company.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Just wanted to make sure :D

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

It is based on the Seasonic G.

http://www.orionpsudb.com/fractal-design

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/01/09/seasonic_gseries_g550_power_supply_review/9

The Seasonic G-550 is an excellent power supply that is probably even fighting above its weight class to a degree. As with previous Seasonic offerings of late, this unit did exceptionally well in almost all of our performance metrics. Among these fine performances were truly excellent voltage regulation, excellent DC Output Quality, excellent efficiency, and, to a lesser degree, very good Transient Load Test results. The unit was also extremely quiet and likely a good candidate for quiet cooling environments, even though the fan selected is not as good as those we have seen before in the higher-end Seasonic X-Series. Largely, it was things like the fan selection, the semi-modular nature of this unit, and bad user manual that separated this unit from the X-Series from a user perspective because the actual load testing results would have made those hard to distinguish if you looked at the results without the names attached. As such, this unit also represents an excellent value today at a price point of $86.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=323

Seasonic has just about got to be feeling invincible these days. Here they are coming out with awesome power supplies left and right, and it seems like just about nobody can touch them. What else is left to say about this unit... it's just another unit in a long line of incredible performers that hasn't compromised one iota on that performance even though it's a smaller capacity unit. I do wish the efficiency had cleared Gold by a bit wider margin, but when that's the worst thing you can say about a unit, you're doing pretty good indeed.

Really good but you could still get a bit better like a Evga G2, a Seasonic Prime, Corsair RMx, etc.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help, I would go for something like a seasonic prime, rmx and stuff but its unfortunately not in my budget range :/ But thanks for the opinions anyway!

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

From my understanding, the Fractal Design Edison M is a better quality PSU than the CX450M. Am I correct?

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I think so yes. I mean its made by seasonic and its 80+ gold so yeah!

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted" to "Hardware > Power Supplies".

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll make sure to put it in the right bit of the forum next time!

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

"seasonic is a pretty niche brand.."

This made me laugh out loud. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube