add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC Connection Problem

1maddog22
  • 40 months ago

So I have a new PC that I got (it was prebuilt the offer was way to good to pass up) and whenever the PC goes to sleep and I wake it up the internet will not connect. I have it connected to Ethernet and I just keep getting the yellow triangle. The only way I have found is to just reset the router which is a problem for me because the router is in my dads office and he works there and he cannot be disconnected because of work. So I would like to know your guys opinion on what I should do or ant ideas on trying to help fix this problem.

I have windows 10 pro and I have a gtx 1080, i7 6700k, water cooled, 32gb of ram, a gigabyte -GA-Z170-HD3P. If you need any other information just leave a question.

Any help is appreciated, thank you

Edit: Before you ask yes I did turn it off and back on (MIT video if you didnt know)

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

I had a problem with staying connected on a laptop similar to your problem, uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter did the trick for me.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

What router do you have? Since the internet is not connecting until you reset the router, it might not be a driver problem. I would replace the cable first, as in my personal experience, the cable is the most likely to fail. If you have other Ethernet ports on the router, try using those. It is also possible that there is something wrong with the router, which I can try and diagnose from what type it is. If possible, can you unplug the Ethernet cable while the problem is happening and then back plug it back in?

If it works after this, the problem is probably your computer. If it doesn't, it's probably your router.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your time to help me, I am pretty sure it is a netgear router. I have already switched ports and cables and it did not work. But I have not tried unplugging the cable from the wall when it is happening so I will try that the next time it happens.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome! Always happy to help. Keep me updated, I'm interested to see what the issue might have been.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

It had happened again and I unplugged the Ethernet cable and waited probably 1 min and plugged it back in. So I keep troubleshooting and it says something about how the IP is wrong. So I just had to reset the router. Any more ideas?

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

State complete error message displayed.
State complete brand and model information of router.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

This is the error message: "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Router: Its a netgear router but we don't know specifics.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube