add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with downloading windows 10 onto a USB

Bridger22
  • 41 months ago

Hi,

I'm having trouble with downloading windows 10 to my USB, following the steps from this Microsoft webpage here.

When I get to the point to select the USB from the list, my USB that's plugged in isn't showing up, I've also tried refreshing/ plugging it again.

I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what, any advice from those who have done the same thing would be very appreciated!

Do I need to download something onto my USB first before it will come up in the list?

I'm hoping to download windows 10 from one computer and then upload it to the new computer that I've just built.

Thanks.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I've chosen to download it as an ISO file instead, see what happens...

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

what did you learn? Im about to start the same task:)

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm having the same problems.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I downloaded as an ISO via media creation tool

Used a program called Rufus to create bootable usb formatted to NTFS

Have installed on two new builds with no issues.

I think you need atleast 4gb to do it

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Correction: use FAT32 as it will support both UEFI and older legacy machines. I don't have the flash drive with me or I would look and see how I formatted it. I was pretty sure I used NTFS...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube