add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Speaker wire to audio jack [HELP]

Olek
  • 38 months ago

Hello PC Partpicker community. I found some Bose Freestyle speaker being unused in my home and decided to use them for my PC. My motherboard (Gigabyte G7) has onboard audio which is accessed using 3.5 mm audio jacks. The speakers can be connected to via speaker wire. I tried searching with no useful results to find the right cable. Does anyone know where I could buy a 3.5 mm male to speaker wire cable? Thanks.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.amazon.com/ONEU-amplifier-Stereo-Booster-Supply/dp/B019MBUX40/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1482104601&sr=8-3&keywords=mini+amplifier

you'll need an amplifier to use them. the one listed above should work, though you'll still need some wire to connect the speakers to the amp.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I got normal speaker wire. Thanks for the help!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

no problem

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Would you recommend that model, at the $20 to $30 price point?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, there isn't much better under $50

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube