add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is 450 Watt power supply enough?

WorldViolence
  • 39 months ago

Hi there, I ordered my parts last week and my pc parts should be coming in the mail this week. I already got my monitor, keyboard and mouse and the topic of this forum the power supply.

My build says the estimated wattage is between 64 and 280 watts. I imagine 64 being under idle load and 280 while gaming heavily.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Z7WLd6

My build lists a 450 Watt semi-modular PSU and I'm curious if that will be enough to run my build safely.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

should be plenty.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Easily plenty. For a idea of how much headroom and while I wouldn't recommend it but you could run two GTX 1070's off a a 450 watt PSU. You would be lucky to use 250 watts while gaming and maybe 300 watts while torture testing the whole build.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd doubt I'd do that haha. Just wanted to make sure. I don't plan on overclocking anyways.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube