add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Did I make the right choice?

Cubsfan
  • 40 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $191.91 @ Jet
Motherboard MSI B150M BAZOOKA PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $75.98 @ Newegg
Memory Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $41.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.78 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB ARMOR 8G OC Video Card $249.99 @ B&H
Case Rosewill Line-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $47.98 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $687.51
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-19 18:06 EST-0500

This build has already been ordered. Also I bought the 4gb version of the graphics card listed, and I plan on gaming at 1080p 60hz. Did I make the right choice with this computer? I want to find out if I made the right choice, and you guys will hopefully put my worries to rest.

Thanks!

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Really Solid Bang for buck PC I would like to see a SSD. can I ask why you chose that motherboard?

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah I wanted an ssd too but I really wanted more space without giving up the cpu/gpu. My dad set me a budget and I had to be within that range. I chose the motherboard bc I could get it for $65 with a $10 MIR. Its still micro atx and a big reason was 4 dimm slots, which I thought i would use but right as I ordered it went out of stock, and also because the mobo had 2 system fan headers, most others had one.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on how demanding of games you play you probably could have used a 4GB 480 or even a 470 and used the saved cash for a SSD. Also if you had 2x4 RAM you could use dual channel.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually did buy the rx 480 4gb, but I couldn't find it listed. I wanted to do dual channel ram but the price went up by 15 dollars when I bought, so I just went the cheapest route. but I will have the option in the future for dual channel

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

If your parents or you ever acquire like 60-75$ you can just order a 250gb or higher and put your os and a few games you play the most in the future.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that's not a bad idea. I don't plan on playing many games. I mainly want to play bf1, csgo and overwatch. hopefully the load times aren't bad though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube