add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

considering switching to a air cooler

MrDarkSh0ck

37 months ago

right now my pc is louder then i want, i think the noise is coming from the pump. i have unplugged all hard drives and fans and its till making noise, could the motherboard be making any noises?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

There is really no way your motherboard would make noise. What kind of noise is it? Does it happen all the time or only under certain conditions?

If you disconnected all hard drives and fans, it's either a defective pump, your GPU, or your PSU.

Perhaps try adjusting your pump's RPM and see if it changes.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

my psu fan is off , no gpu right now sold it 3 days ago getting a new one. im running a kraken x61. do you think i got a slitghly bad pump or can you hear all pumps i, i want silence and this is not silent

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

i would be looking at noctua if i switched

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Idk anything about the Kraken, but my pump is almost impossible to hear, even with the case side panel off and my fans off.

I could only tell it was running from the RPM reading, or if I turned everything off and put my ear to it.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

what do you havev

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an Arctic Liquid Freezer 240.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

i really want the ek aio but thats outa my price range

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Try moving the radiator to a different mounting point if your case has another spot for a 280mm radiator. My Kraken x61 was very loud when I mounted it at the top of my case at first, and moving it to the front quieted it down.

However liquid cooling pumps will always make at least some amount of noise. If you want absolute silence than an air cooler is the way to go.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

i have an s340 its mounted in the front, i might see if i can get an x62 if thats better keep it, if not get the noctua d15

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The x62 is nigh identical to the x61 in terms of performance; the x62 is just as loud as the x61.

Just get an air cooler then.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube