add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What's the most common cause of watercooling leakage?

vElectrixx

74 months ago

As much as I've heard from watercooling and how amazing it is, I'm very intimidated by that risk of doing my own thing then, what? A black screen and a case dripping in fluid.

I've heard that some setups leak, but what exactly causes that? Are the pumps or something not tight enough?

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Usually has to do with fittings, i.e. making sure that the connection between the tubes and the radiator/water block are secure. If you're doing a custom loop setup, it's recommended that you run the loop WITHOUT the rest of your computer on, with plenty of paper towels around everything for good measure, to make sure there are no leaks. You want to run it for 12 - 24 hours. You can also use a non-conductive coolant, so that if things do leak, the likelihood of any severe damage being caused is minimal.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube