PCPartPicker

• Register

What should I attach my Anti-Static Wrist Band clip too?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

CosmicStorm 25 months ago

I want to be safe and don't know what to attach the Anti-Static Wrist Band too. Any suggestions on where to attach my Anti-Static Wrist Band? Thanks - CosmicStorm

Comments Sorted by:

CosmicStorm submitter 1 point 25 months ago

The Cable length is about 2 feet

kazini 1 point 25 months ago

you can connect it to the pc case, or to a metal table leg if the table you're working on has those, safe bet is anything Metal i usually put the wrist strap on my ankle actually and attach it to the table leg.

dkewatson 1 point 25 months ago

You should clip it to any non-painted metal on your case. Otherwise, if you live in an area with minimal static electricity (i.e. not dry) you can just occasionally touch any bare metal with your hand to discharge any buildup in your body before handling components. Wearing rubber soled shoes and cotton clothing helps minimize static electricity build-up in your body as well. I just finished building my computer and just touched some bare metal before grabbing any new component (and in all honesty may have forgotten once or twice) and there was no harm, my computer has been up and running for the past week perfectly. Best of luck on your build.

CosmicStorm submitter 1 point 25 months ago

Ok, thanks