add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power supply for this build?

MeatFeastMan
  • 39 months ago

Uh, I'm kinda new to this whole building pc thing. I dont know what power supply to use with my fx 9590 build. Because of what I have heard about the fx 9590, I need to be careful on what I pick. Bare in mind I have already bought a 9590, so I'm not here for you to moan on about it and recommend the 8350 instead. So here's what I have so far for my build:

Processor: AMD FX 9590

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti (Will upgrade to 970 maybe in the future, 960 at the very least)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA UD3 R5

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Case: Corsair Air 740 ATX Full Tower

Those picks are locked in and cant be changed. So yeah, what power supply would you guys recommend? Is 850w good enough? You also need to consider that I'm upgrading the gpu in the future, maybe 1 or 2 years time. Any help would be appreciated. Bare in mind I'm a total novice when it comes to picking pc parts so going all technical with me wont help in any way.

I was considering the rm 850, but I'm unsure if that's overkill, or just right, or not enough.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

a good 550w or 650w will be enough. even if you pair your amd cpu with a gtx 1080 for example.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks! Just thought the 220w tdp on the 9590 would up the supply requirements.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're planning on getting a used GTX 970, I would go with a 650 watts psu. With the 750ti the 550 watts psu would be fine.

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

Okay thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube