add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
dogsparky
  • 39 months ago

I recently saw that some people showed that the evga 650a g2 comes with a cpu cable that is a 8 pin to two 8 pins and mine came with a solid 8 pin to two 4 pins

The cable clearly states cpu on the cable and a guy is telling me it is not a cpu cable if it is 8 pin to two 4 pins.

So who is right here did earlier versions of the power supply come with 8 to two 8 pins or something?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a none issue either way. Yes the G2 620w does indeed come with a Single CPU cable that terminates to a pair of 4+4 pin on the EVGA spec page, but thier images seem to show a single 8 pin and 4+4 pin, by the sounds of it you got a 8 pin and 4+4 pin so will assume the EVGA Spec page is not clear.

Anyways a a 4+4 pin would generally be more useful as most boards which use above a single 8 pin will use a 8 pin + 4 pin such as some X99 boards. Only a handful of boards have 2 x 8 pin CPU power inputs.

Either way mostly a non issue.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

That is weird then how Johnny guru had a picture of a different cable the

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

mine came with a solid 8 pin to two 4 pins

Come back with a photo of the cable.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Why?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Idk but a guy on ljnustechtups is saying that my psu the evga 650 g2 which comes with a single 8 pin to two 4 pins is not that cpu cable, when I have seen MANY otherS OF THAT EXACT same power supply come with a single 8 pin to two 4 pins So I am wondering who is wrong here

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

He called me a troll because he as convinced that it isn't a cpu cable

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

What is funny though is there are links from like professional reviews like Johnny guru with the psu having a idffernt cpu cable on that power supply

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube