• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

drisky 8 months ago

I purchased my motherboard, CPU and other hardware about 3 months ago to build a pc (Just waiting for GPU).....And Kaby Lake was just released with. Almost exactly the same prices. Bought ASUS TUF Sabertooth Z170 and i7-6700k.... ASUS TUF SAVERTOOTH Z270 was released....same price.... I7-7700K was released £20 more :( Literally like £10/£20 more... FMLLLLLLLLLLLLL should have waited

Comments Sorted by:

GeoDashZorra 1 Build 4 points 8 months ago

kabylake isn't that much better than skylake. Don't feel bad. 3 months is a long time too.

drisky submitter 1 point 8 months ago

Yeah bit still, I still haven't even built it!:( Even if its minor improvements....still a bummer....the boards look so much better too!!

rosswalker 1 Build 2 points 8 months ago

Apart from motherboard aesthetics and maybe features you aren't loosing out on anything really..

fn230 14 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

Kaby Lake is an incredibly small improvement over Skylake. In fact, the IPC is identical, so if you overclock them to the same GHz, they perform exactly the same. Don't kick yourself over it.

Xizt 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

Think to yourself if you didn't buy it, was 3 months loss of games worth waiting for no improvement whatsoever?

pegotico 2 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

He feels bad because he hasn't build the computer yet... Either way skylake is perfectly fine and the difference in performance is minimal.