PCPartPicker

• Register

GPU Backplate with 3D engraving/printed?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ziggurat666 10 months ago

Anybody seen this/done this? Thinking about it for... well... you know lol

Let me know here! Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Comments Sorted by:

drisky 1 point 10 months ago

You can do this with some Acrylic and an acrylic tool yourself?

ziggurat666 submitter 7 Builds 1 point 10 months ago

A basic engraving I could yea, I was thinking more laser engraved with depth, like that fella on the internets doin drywall art. And more curious if anyone has seen it/done it. But thank you :)

drisky 1 point 10 months ago

Ahh, I was going ask a local company do engrave it for me...but ill stick to basic line for mine

AuraNightheart 1 point 10 months ago

Try getting a sheet of clear acrylic and cutting it to size. Then, get a picture of whatever you want and attach it in some way flat against the surface of the acrylic that you want facing over it. Paint over it in one color then paint the back side in one color, remove the paper with the picture on it. It should give the illusion of depth because you have to look through the clear acrylic to get to the second layer of paint on the other side (which should be a different color, so the design stands out). However, if you want it actually engraved so you can feel it...your best bet is maybe finding a local Makerspace or shop with a laser cutter that would be willing to do it for you?

Yeah, local engraver is looking into a grayscale laser cut method like what you see for "2 and a half D" on trophies/medals. downside is only max cut of 5 tenths of a cm... :/ ah well... may just have my artsy wife come up with something.

AuraNightheart 1 point 10 months ago

Half of a centimeter might be pretty good depending on the thickness of your acyrlic/backplate. It usually comes in 1/2", 1/4", 1/8" and in some cases 1/16" and 1 inch.

yup, only problem is I can't render the image he want's me to do. Basically, all him, $350-400 CAD, me providing image, $100 CAD tops lol. SO... yah

Razorwing02 1 Build 1 point 10 months ago

you could look at v1 tech, i'm sure they have something custom

ziggurat666 submitter 7 Builds 2 points 10 months ago

They do, but I have a fantastic idea now, the wife and I will work together and use LED reactive Acryllic treatment and Krylex

Razorwing02 1 Build 1 point 10 months ago

fancy schmancy

jsoutherland89 4 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

Is this for the 1080 you won?

ziggurat666 submitter 7 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

Aye, it is

jsoutherland89 4 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the final product. I liked your submission best.