• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

UnrealisticMan1993 8 months ago

Yawns what do I do, when I wake up every morning.....................I scream at the fact that I got an odd 12-16 hours of day to get through.

Ok so as soon as I woke up I thought "What would Americans think if I said this, or did that" So, i came up with a few questions and statements that can use some validation(so to speak)

Question: What's something you hate about America? Answer: The fact that their gun laws are not tight enough, I don't give a damn if having a weapon for self-defence is an American right, the fact that you can walk into a gun store, pick any gun in stock, buy it and leave is way too easy, what the gun law should be is: No civilian of any age may hold a firearm period. The reason I say that is because it's this not tight enough gun law that Americas crime rate is through the ******* roof.

Question: Whats one thing about America that you love? Answer: Their internet is miles better than Australia's, put it this way, Malcolm Turnbull, the current Prime Minister(Or President to the Americans) stated that by the end of 2016, 90% of Australia will have access to Fibre Optic Internet(Or NBN), well it's 2017 and only 10% of Australia has access to Fibre Optic internet, so, our government lied, like they always do. America on the other hand has Fibre Optic internet practicly strung throughout the entire country, hence America's internet is way better.

Question: Trump or Obama? Answer: Trump is an idiot, Obama is #1

Question: Name one concern you have, if you were to visit America? Answer: I fear I would get killed in a dark alleyway with a bunch of rape accused individuals, gosh to die to rapists would traumatise me in the afterlife.

Question: If you were the President, what is one thing, you would change(AND ONLY ONE)? Answer: I would change the gun laws to make it so only those in the Police/Special Forces/Army/Air Force/Navy(and other law enforcing things) get access to any kinds of firearms.

Your welcome to voice a few questions or concerns you have about Australia, i have had plenty of experience living here in Australia, i can give you a straight and honest answer straight from the horses mouth(pardon the expression)

Comments Sorted by:

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 5 points 8 months ago

No civilian of any age may hold a firearm period.

Wrong. Didn't even read the rest of the post, and I don't plan on it because this is enough baiting for me.

Gun-free zones are what's wrong with America. One favorite statistic from the media and those who oppose guns to whip out is "not a single mass shooting has ever been stopped by a person with a concealed handgun license or from citizen who owns a private firearm." Sure, when you completely spin the truth to get your point across, it looks bad. The fact of the matter is is that to be considered a mass shooting, 4 or more people must be shot, with the gunman being able to be counted as one. What they fail to consider and what many people don't realize is that most if not all of the mass shootings that have happened recently (Aurora, Sandy Hook, Orlando Nightclub, the community college in Oregon I believe, etc.) all took place in gun-free zones, or where no citizen had access to a firearm closeby.

"But that's exactly why we need to get rid of them"

Shootings happen much more often than the media reports. Why don't they report them? Because a multitude of them are stopped by private carrying citizens, and are stopped before the magic number of four people are shot, so a mass shooting it is not. This has taken place in malls, hospitals, shopping strips, etc.

So no, private citizens haven't stopped any mass shootings because they stop the gunman before they quantify it as a mass shooting. Concealed carry of firearms saves lives. The fact that so many want to outlaw semi-automatic weapons and support massive gun bans like those in Australia is astounding to me.

If Americans want to live in gun-free places, they have Detroit and Chicago just waiting for them, two wonderful cities with zero gun crime!! /s/

tiny_voices 2 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

What do you have to say about the fact that most all of the mass shootings you mentioned and most of the ones you haven't have been performed with firearms the shooter legally owned?

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 3 points 8 months ago

It really goes back to what tomtom has already stated about putting firearms in the hands of people who don't need them ie. criminals, mentally handicapped, etc. If the U.S. Feds were better organized when it comes to criminals (I work at a law firm and can confirm they absolutely are not), less criminals would have access to them, due to the current background checks they already have in place. If doctors, insurance companies, and families took the care of mental patients more seriously (visits to therapists and psychologists for any disease other than Autism aren't covered by insurance, not even lovely Obamacare), then those that aren't right in the head won't have such easy access to them, and we would have a much better chance at avoiding these types of scenarios.

If the U.S. were to work on just these two issues, we would have a better foot forward when it comes to shootings. Criminals with access to guns is bad. Mental patients with access to guns is bad. Terrorists with access to guns is bad.

Me in a mall with a concealed gun is not bad, especially when a terrorist with a gun is in the same mall.

tiny_voices 2 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

I just hate the "I could stop a terrorist" ********. Its like people are almost going and looking for a reason to use their gun. Ridiculous.

I think we need better mental health screenings as part of the gun purchasing process, personally.

I absolutely agree that we need better mental screenings.

And I'm not looking for a reason to use my gun. If I want to use it, I'll go to a range. I hope I never have to use it in a serious scenario because if I don't, that'd be an absolutely beautiful thing, but if I do, I plan on being ready. Both sides are trying to solve the same problem, just going about it in different ways.

Personally I think it's ridiculous that people are willing to not carry when they have the opportunity. I support law enforcement no doubt, but I will not for one second put my safety or my family's safety solely in the hands of someone who wouldn't be there for several minutes.

So you think everyone capable of responsibly using a firearm SHOULD be carrying one?

vagabond139 5 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

Better screening would stop just about all of the school shootings/non terrorist shootings since just about all of them had some screws loose but it would do nothing for terrorists since I imagine they get their guns ilegally.

gorkti200 2 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

(visits to therapists and psychologists for any disease other than Autism aren't covered by insurance, not even lovely Obamacare)

This isn't even true though. Where are you getting this idea? I know folks who have seen psychologists and psychiatrists, for non-autism related reasons, and have paid for their visits using insurance.

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

I took a psychology class last semester that went into the care of mental patients with different disabilities, and according to her work as a professor (and paid psychologist), insurance doesn't cover it. She might've broadened her point (I'm not a professional in this and won't claim to be), but I believe the point still stands.

Sounds like the professor was making some sweeping remarks that just aren't true. Like all insurance policies, it depends on the policy in question.

lisa_simpson 1 point 8 months ago

God damn, son.

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 2 points 8 months ago

triggered

lol

If Americans want to live in gun-free places, they have Detroit and Chicago just waiting for them, two wonderful cities with zero gun crime!!

But their gun laws don't outlaw guns at all, so even disregarding all the other factors that could lead to increased crime in these terribly poor cities, this statement still doesn't make sense.

TheOfficialCzex 3 Builds 5 points 8 months ago

Increased guns ≠ increased crime rate

Decreased quality of education = increased crime rate

Increased poverty = increased crime rate

Criminals use guns as a means to kill and to threaten or terrorize, but guns are merely an innocent tool like a knife or a metal bat; they're instrumental, not responsible.

Removing guns from the equation can only make homicides that much more gruesome. Have you ever heard of England's stabbings issue? There are 32,000 individual stabbings in the UK every year. By comparison, the USA has 12,000 gun crimes. Note that this isn't per every million citizens; if it was, England would have a stabbings rate over 17 times greater than the US's gun crime rate. No joking here. You're just not facing the facts.

tiny_voices 2 Builds 5 points 8 months ago

By comparison, the USA has 12,000 gun crimes.

Where did you see this?

Thats the number of DEATHS from guns in the US every year. The number of gun related crimes is closer to 73,000 per year. In the UK there were 31,000 stabbings in 2015 but they only had 543 murders TOTAL including ALL types of weapons used.

So if we compare the REAL facts we see that the UK had about 200,000 violent crimes in 2015 while the US had 1,197,704. The US had 15,696 murders in 2015 and the UK had 574. If we divide to find the % of population murdered in both countries we get 574/64.1 million (uk) = .0009% and 15,696/319 million (US) = .005%. So you can see the murder rate in America is significantly higher than in the UK.

Please keep your facts straight. You cannot compare stabbings (total, including most which were non deadly) to gun DEATHS. Sorry, you just can't. Thats not how it works.

gorkti200 2 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

Yes Czex, cherry-picking data is fun. To back up tiny's point:

Actually in 2013 (most recent data I could find), CDC data shows over 11,000 homicides from guns, which is similar to this 12K figure. But over 20,000 more deaths including suicides, accidents, law enforcement actions, and undetermined motive/cause. So we actually had well over 30,000 deaths from guns that year. Table 10, pages 41-42 for homicide info.

Meanwhile, homicides from all other means totaled less than 5000. There are over twice as many gun-related homicides in the US than all other methods of killing combined.

Thanks for the back-up! I'm a sucker for stats and numbers. Love em!

What's also disturbing is that this has 6 upotes (one down-vote from me) so at least 6 other users saw this and were like "yeah those numbers check out".

gorkti200 2 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

If you've already decided what you believe, facts and figures are just stubborn things to be ignored or denied. /shrug

This.

[comment deleted]

Cause they track birth and fatality information.

[comment deleted]
Enrico411 4 points 8 months ago

Am from Europe. And this is just my personal view. Whatever that may be worth.

Question: What's something you hate about America?

Politicans.

Question: Whats one thing about America that you love?

Its a beautiful country with some amazing people.

Question: Trump or Obama?

Trump ofcourse. Obama doubled debt in the US. Obamacare is a huge fail and He allowed Daesh to grow.

Question: Name one concern you have, if you were to visit America?

I hope i got enough cash to see all the great places i want to visit.

Question: If you were the President, what is one thing, you would change(AND ONLY ONE)?

President doesn't have alot of power since he needs the backing of senate and congress to change laws. If i had to chose i would try to figure out a fair system for health care that benefits all and is affordable for everyone.

dphillips157 2 points 8 months ago

politicians hate politicians

SilverWolf149 2 points 8 months ago

Well said.

Godzlegend1 4 points 8 months ago

I'm not gonna read this but I am going to say one thing and it relates to your statement about the gun culture in America.

the fact that you can walk into a gun store, pick any gun in stock, buy it and leave is way too easy

You can also do this in Australia... Perhaps you should read up on your local state laws. If you're from NSW I suggest the NSW 2006 firearms regulation 2006. You'll realise that as long as you pass license checks you can do just what you suggest you shouldn't be able to do.

The reason I say that is because it's this not tight enough gun law that Americas crime rate is through the ******* roof.

This I agree with.. And anybody who argues against this is wrong based upon empirical evidence from a multitude of countries.

Trump is an idiot, Obama is #1

Trump is an Idiot.. But Obama isn't most certainly Number 1... He was good but maybe not as good as people like to claim

Malcolm Turnbull, the current Prime Minister(Or President to the Americans) stated that by the end of 2016, 90% of Australia will have access to Fibre Optic Internet(Or NBN), well it's 2017 and only 10% of Australia has access to Fibre Optic internet, so, our government lied, like they always do.

Um no they didn't... Without going into too much detail. the Rudd government had plans for Fibre connectivity in 09. Budget and Political issues meant that didn't come to fruition. Supposedly was going to cost 43$ billion but Uh no... No it wasn't. Then back and forth between liberal and labor party in '13 meant that under a Labor administration we would pay more for the network but have faster speeds, liberals paid less but for slower speeds. Unfortunately because they didn't think clearly enough about the reality of the costs of putting fibre to either node or home the costs were once again much higher than the budget. So when Malcolm came into office (After Abbot went along with the liberal scheme of the NBN) did we all realise that it's going to cost more and we are still going to have slower speeds. To say Malcolm lied is ridiculous because it was many assertions to be made when connectivity was to reach the majority and it's not possible to be absolute with these types of things.

Name one concern you have, if you were to visit America? Answer: I fear I would get killed in a dark alleyway with a bunch of rape accused individuals, gosh to die to rapists would traumatise me in the afterlife.

Umm.... I imagine you fear of that happening in Australia to then?

Look, I probably shouldn't have bothered with this topic but the fact is... You don't seem to have a full grasp on the politics of either country (Not to be rude, perhaps you do and aren't able to put your point across over text which is understandable) So I don't think it's wise to create topics specifically to start flame wars when your own evidence is not actually true...

Oh and for anybody who bothered to read this, I am also happy to answer any questions about Australia, perhaps my perspective would also be beneficial :)

UnrealisticMan1993 submitter -6 points 8 months ago

Maybe my facts were a little off, but hey gimme a break.

vagabond139 5 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

They are more than a little off. You was making wildly uneducated opinions/claims.

Godzlegend1 1 point 8 months ago

I didn't mean for this to come off as an attack, merely as an educational piece.

[comment deleted]
tomtomj2 8 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

That is one of the problems with Americans.

You just made an extravagant claim yourself with no backing. How are you any better than the OP then to tell him that?

GentlemanShark 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

Oh ****, forget the "some" in front of Americans. That is coming from me and my experience. Oh well, time to delete.

BeerzGod 2 Builds 4 points 8 months ago

Great story:

"Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 870 right in the doorway. I gave it 4 shells and left it alone and went about my business. While I was gone, the mail gal delivered my mail, the trash man picked up the trash, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few of my neighbors drove past.

Well, after a few hours, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

Either the media is wrong, and it is the misuse of guns by criminals, or I have on of the laziest shotguns ever made. I must hurry off now and check on my spoons. I hear they are making people fat."

Whether guns are legal or not doesn't matter. If criminals want access to a gun then they're going to get a gun. Just as someone who wants to buy drugs can find a way to buy drugs. This is a great bait topic though. You really are bored down under.

whoever leaves a ******* gun with ammo lying out in the open needs to be jailed for negligence. Doesn't matter they were trying to prove a point. So ******* dangerous and acting without care for anyone.

Obviously this is allegorical, but the logic is flawed. Nobody is proposing magical firearms exist. It is the destructive potential of them that is of concern. Combined with the fact that many, many shootings are conducted by people who are not criminals (until after their shooting has occurred, obviously).

The ease of access is directly related to the ability of non-criminals to obtain a gun and go become a criminal. I find it highly unlikely that you would use this same allegory in relation to conventionally banned items like say, sarin gas. Dylann Roof, Elliot Rodger, do you think these kids were just going to go pick up some sarin gas? "If criminals want access to _ then they're going to get _." Sure maybe organized crime, but the random killings from the mentally unstable? Not likely.

BeerzGod 2 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

The story isn't related to anything magical - how did you even conclude that? It's in relation to the simplistic argument that "guns kill people." The conversation is also in regards to common criminals, so of course the statement doesn't apply when you try to relate it to something extreme like sarin gas.

The story isn't related to anything magical - how did you even conclude that? It's in relation to the simplistic argument that "guns kill people."

Well, after a few hours, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

Obviously if an inanimate object is expected to gain sentience and begin loading and firing itself at people, this is something we can reasonably ascribe the term "magic" to.

The conversation is also in regards to common criminals, so of course the statement doesn't apply when you try to relate it to something extreme like sarin gas.

And this is where we diverge. If you frame the conversation as being one only about "common criminals" committing murder with firearms, then of course it doesn't make sense. Because they are "already criminals", right?

But that isn't actually what gun laws are aimed at; this is misdirection. A large portion of our mass murders are committed by people who are not "common criminals". They are often ordinary, unconvicted-of-crimes citizens. By definition they are not "common criminals".

BeerzGod 2 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

I always forget why I don't venture into this area of the forums. Thank you for reminding me why.

gorkti200 2 Builds 0 points 8 months ago

If you don't want to talk to someone anymore you can just stop.

But you made a really terrible and outdated argument, and I like to quash those.

UnrealisticMan1993 submitter 1 point 8 months ago

You really are bored down under.

DUH!!

Australia is one of the worst countries ever, boring, not fast internet, small towns have the highest unemployment rates because the government only cares about the big cities, we haven't had a good Prime minister since John Howard left, There are not enough gaming conventions, and the ones that are in Australia, are all based in Sydney, out of reach of those(like myself) who can't afford to travel to Sydney to attend a gaming convention, there is way too much dessert(i hate how the government makes next to no effort to change this), our population may be the largest for an island, but were the smaller than the US(landmass wise though, we are just as big as the US)

Godzlegend1 3 points 8 months ago

I never even saw this.

Australia is one of the worst countries ever

I like to think of myself as fairly patriotic... I'm no nationalist but I like my country and I have one response to that.

**** off then... (Joking!)

In all seriousness... You hate our country because of the INTERNET? and unemployment rates?? AND THE DESERT! (Because let's be real... That's what you meant, not "Dessert").

There are not enough gaming conventions, and the ones that are in Australia, are all based in Sydney

Uh yeah.. Because of a little thing called population density (And the fact there are contractual agreements with multiple companies about venues and ****).

small towns have the highest unemployment rates because the government only cares about the big cities

This has nothing to do with the government....

there is way too much dessert(i hate how the government makes next to no effort to change this)

You want the Government to wipe out... Our desert?

we haven't had a good Prime minister since John Howard left

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................................................................. Righto

Xorex64 1 point 8 months ago

Can you stop bitching about your pack of gaming conventions? I have it just as bad. There are 7 notable gaming conventions in my country, pretty much all in calgary. Only one (GX) i can go to. Why Calgary?! ******* Calgary of all places, why not toronto? Theres more people here!

Also, you're living alone right? Take a flight then

noap7 3 points 8 months ago

This is supreme bait

TheOfficialCzex 3 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

And then you realize that someone's going to ban you soon enough if you continue with these kinds of topics.

UnrealisticMan1993 submitter -2 points 8 months ago

Hehe i'm surprised it hasnt happened yet, but when i think about it, i havent really made any topics that have breached the rules(although i have recieved a few warnings), like honestly the way i see it is i would have to post a quite literraly rule breaking topic to get banned, as far as i'm aware my topics are not breaching any rules

if you like controversial topics, post one about religion.

SilverWolf149 2 points 8 months ago

Follow tiny's advice.

DO IT!

/s

tomtomj2 8 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

Good, good, post the controversial topics and your transformation to the dark side will be comple-

Er I mean, uh.... PC parts are cool. :3

[comment deleted by staff]
vagabond139 5 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

I'm assuming this is bait but I'll entetain you anyways.

what the gun law should be is: No civilian of any age may hold a firearm period. The reason I say that is because it's this not tight enough gun law that Americas crime rate is through the ******* roof.

Do you realize that there are millions of guns already floating around right? It would do NOTHING if they suddenly became ilegal to own since criminals would still be able to get them easily due to the amount of guns already here and some people wouldn't give up their guns. It would be impossible to do. Also the crime rate isn't do to guns, its to due criminals. Remove all of the guns magically and they would just find other weapons to use.

I'm going to tread carefully here but black people account for a lot of the crime due to a lot of their living situation since on average they make less than white people. Source: I grew up in a pretty bad place and definitely can see why a lot of people would turn to crime. Also there is the criminal justice system which locks up far too many people and focuses on punishment too much which also doesn't help with crime.

Guns in no shape or form are responsible for our crime rate. Our problems are the criminal justice system and people being stuck in a loop of poverty/poor living situations which is a problem that is just about impossible to fix.

I fear I would get killed in a dark alleyway with a bunch of rape accused individuals, gosh to die to rapists would traumatise me in the afterlife.

America isn't a prison full of violent sex offenders. You are a guy so your chances of getting raped are even less. Rape is literally one of the last crimes I would worry about as a guy. You could walk around some really bad neighborhoods at night, you may get mugged or robbed or jumped, but you won't get raped.

I would change the gun laws to make it so only those in the Police/Special Forces/Army/Air Force/Navy(and other law enforcing things) get access to any kinds of firearms.

That is not realistic at all, see above.

Question: Trump or Obama? Answer: Trump is an idiot, Obama is #1

Not even going to go there.

their internet is miles better than Australia's, put it this way, Malcolm Turnbull, the current Prime Minister(Or President to the Americans) stated that by the end of 2016, 90% of Australia will have access to Fibre Optic Internet(Or NBN), well it's 2017 and only 10% of Australia has access to Fibre Optic internet, so, our government lied, like they always do. America on the other hand has Fibre Optic internet practicly strung throughout the entire country, hence America's internet is way better.

Its pretty bad a lot of the time. Companies have monopolies in a lot of places so there is no incentive to offer better service. Just google comcast and go to images to see what people think of our ISP's.

SilverWolf149 3 points 8 months ago

I'm not gonna say anything to any of these topics as my opinions have already been expressed by comments others have already made, but I would like to point out some observations I've made. In all fairness, I don't think the OP should be judging all of America's problems, especially since he's not American, and it doesn't look like he's spent a substantial amount of time here. According to the OP, America is a land with an amazing current president, and everybody has access to fiber optic internet. However, everybody here is a crazed gun-toting lunatic who goes out of their way to become a mass shooter, and if you're a visitor to America, the biggest worry you have is being immediately murdered and raped in a dark alley.

Sounds about right.

/s

This was just a joke, but I do agree with the OP on some things. Gun laws need overhaul and such. That's about it.

So, i came up with a few questions and statements that can use some validation(so to speak)

Oops. Well, um, unless Google is your isp, reliable high speed internet, especially fiber optic, is still quite a ways off for everyone.

This was just a joke

TBH, OP should've done his reaserxh on the United States before judging a whole country by its negatives and faults.

lisa_simpson 3 points 8 months ago

How to tear this apart the dan_castellaneta way...

Problem with gun control is that it's a broken system. We don't need more retarded *** laws to **** law-abiding citizens over, we need better screening processes, etc etc.

Trump's an idiot, ah? I'd like to see you build an empire that's worth billions out of a million dollars.

Why would you get raped or killed unless you intentionally dressed like you're trying to be "faces pass, and I'm deadass".

Not even addressing your question about what you'd do as President.

SilverWolf149 1 point 8 months ago

We needed some of that.

THis will go well.

lisa_simpson 2 points 8 months ago

Time to fight bait with bait.

obama's a **** president

There's so much I want to say right now, but I'm going to spare myself the time and just say:

Rip thread.

good tom, at least you won't get muted for it

eh, actually Ill brb, I think Ill keep my breakdown short as usual.

Cicero_ 3 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

This was a poor idea. Good luck.

noap7 2 points 8 months ago

when I wake up every morning.....................I scream at the fact that I got an odd 12-16 hours of day to get through.

Are you ok?

I wish I could sleep for 12 hours.

noap7 1 point 8 months ago

Same god. I'm going on 30 hours of no sleep rn.

I feel ya, my dude. I feel ya.

yeah, i just hate waking up

And being alive.....?

People are really focusing on the outrageous gun statements but I'd like to add that, fiber optic internet is really not that widespread. Even cable internet is only moderately common It's good in the cities and surrounding counties, but many parts of the country are still dealing with abysmal dial-up quality internet service.

UnrealisticMan1993 submitter 0 points 8 months ago

thats phucked up, dial up is so old.

FYI, this isnt intended to be bait, i just aim for a few opinions is all

lisa_simpson 6 points 8 months ago

tbh i wanna summon cosmicbuterguy just to see what happens

He sure has some.....opinions.

I remember that one thread with him...

Oh god yeah he'd have some things to say

CosmicButerGuy 1 point 8 months ago

Yeah, no, I'm not gonna deal with this.

Cmon everyone is waiting XD

So, i came up with a few questions and statements that can use some validation(so to speak)

Sure, Ill help you with that validation.

What's something you hate about America? Answer: The fact that their gun laws are not tight enough, I don't give a damn if having a weapon for self-defence is an American right, the fact that you can walk into a gun store, pick any gun in stock, buy it and leave is way too easy, what the gun law should be is: No civilian of any age may hold a firearm period. The reason I say that is because it's this not tight enough gun law that Americas crime rate is through the ******* roof.

Guns, first off, are only part of the problem. What America needs is stricter gun laws that make it harder for people who SHOULDNT be owning guns to lawfully own one. Ex. Criminals, children, mental handicapped people, terrorists, etc. What we need to also do is band on both parties to fight against illegal gun sales and the black market.

Lets face it, your perfectly normal gun owning neighbor is rarely going to storm into your house and shoot you because you didn't loan him any sugar for his coffee, but that criminal who wants all the jewelry in your bedroom has no problem shooting you in the face for it.

Whats one thing about America that you love? Answer: Their internet is miles better than Australia's, put it this way, Malcolm Turnbull, the current Prime Minister(Or President to the Americans) stated that by the end of 2016, 90% of Australia will have access to Fibre Optic Internet(Or NBN), well it's 2017 and only 10% of Australia has access to Fibre Optic internet, so, our government lied, like they always do. America on the other hand has Fibre Optic internet practicly strung throughout the entire country, hence America's internet is way better.

There's a lot more positive things to America then the internet, lol.

Trump or Obama? Answer: Trump is an idiot, Obama is #1

Not even going to go there.

Question: Name one concern you have, if you were to visit America? Answer: I fear I would get killed in a dark alleyway with a bunch of rape accused individuals, gosh to die to rapists would traumatise me in the afterlife.

Doubt that would happen, thats not something you should worry about if you stay aware and around others.

If you were the President, what is one thing, you would change(AND ONLY ONE)? Answer: I would change the gun laws to make it so only those in the Police/Special Forces/Army/Air Force/Navy(and other law enforcing things) get access to any kinds of firearms.

Sounds like a police state. See above.

What we need to do is band on both parties to fight against illegal gun sales and the black market.

I'm completely against gun-control, and I support this statement 100%.

What is your stance on fully automatic weapons? Do you think the public should have access to them?

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 2 points 8 months ago

I don't see how that's really a problem because currently the public doesn't have access to them, unless they want to pay a hefty amount of fees (upwards of $20-25k) and wait a couple of years for the license.

Fully automatics are generally useless anyways.

Ravenhelm 2 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

Full auto is an inaccurate waste of ammunition. Chances are you're going to kill whoever you're shooting at in the first few shots anyways. Basically anything less powerful than an M249 or other light machine gun I don't see the point of banning really.

Sounds like a police state.

What I though when I read that. I agree there are problems with gun control currently, however just letting a small, powerful group of people control all the nation's guns seems to be the kind of thing that this country was trying to escape when first founded.

How's LGBT rights lookin' in Ausland?

[crosses legs] Still waiting.

Godzlegend1 1 point 8 months ago

Better than some US States ;)

But Yeah... not great

RaspberryPiFan 8 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

Prime Minister(Or President to the Americans)

We know what a prime minister is...

stated that by the end of 2016, 90% of Australia will have access to Fibre Optic Internet(Or NBN), well it's 2017 and only 10% of Australia has access to Fibre Optic internet, so, our government lied, like they always do.

Promises aren't a always withheld. Our internet here is mainly cable, fibre is only available in I'd say less than 30 cities. The best part of our internet is we have near monopolies for the areas. To get internet it costs a minimum of around $40 a month here. And you have to pay more to install it yourself.

if you were to visit America? Answer: I fear I would get killed in a dark alleyway with a bunch of rape accused individuals, gosh to die to rapists would traumatise me in the afterlife.

Do you know how wrong this is? In some areas of the country (Certain areas of certain cities) you wouldn't be safe, but in general the country is safe. I haven't ever been witness to a crime and neither has anyone I know.

straight from the horses mouth(pardon the expression)

We all know what it means...

The gun laws debate I don't want to get too into here. I just don't want a flame war.

That's what I have to say.

Ravenhelm 2 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

I ain't touching this one with a 10-foot pole

what do I do, when I wake up every morning.....................I scream

Did everyone else laugh out loud at the mental image of a man sitting bolt upright in bed and screaming first thing in the morning, every morning?

I absolutely did! lol

caddyatack 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

The English are used to being stomped on by the powerful. Hence the entire middle age where only lords had access to steel. The Aussies genetic line comes from this same history. Prisoners condemned to an island. This is your genetic heritage.

Americans are willing to fight and unwilling to let the powerful stack all the cards against us. That is our genetic heritage. My ancestors fought the oppressors and yours were imprisoned by them.

The rest of your nonsense is about a political narrative that is thoughtless lacks real meaning.

If you want a real discussion, without the trolling diatribe, tell me about your home and I will tell you about mine.

The English are used to being stomped on by the powerful.

I feel like this conveniently forgets the British empire.

Referring to the people not the empire. The English government/monarchy treated everybody poorly for centuries. There peasants,Scottish, Irish, Americans,anywhere the empire lorded just awful. The English people were taxed under the threat of the sword for hundreds of years.

Pay attention to the words. I said the English not Briton or British Empire.

The right to bear arms is is and was instrumental to living free. Most of Western Europe genetics is based on people being lorded over for hundreds of years.

Well it was the British empire that colonized Australia, not the English, so yes, pay attention to the words. You can ascribe the motive to the English government/monarchy, but the people doing the "stomping" all around the world were largely not royalty or government officials.

Regardless I would like to hear more about how you think the Australian genetic heritage has an impact on their comparative lack of enthusiasm for guns. Are you implying they have a biological abhorrence for firearms written into their DNA?

Do not want to get in a battle of words with you. This was meant for op.

Genetics.....yes absolutely has bearing on peoples attitudes towards certain ideas.

I work with dogs on my off time and aggression can be bred in or out of them over the course of a couple generations.

African Americans demonstrate significant eye hand abilities. How do you think this came about?

The English people are a subdued lot. A thousand years of imprisoning and executing the people that resisted is their history. Australians roots are certainly based on this.

The lords always had the steel then the guns and the cannon while regular people did not. Early Americans adorned their homes with lots of guns because they understood the power in being able to resist.

I have no beef with Australians I just get tired of hearing the same trite political narrative. Especially when the op insinuates we are a bunch of gun wielding buffoons over here.

If he or you feel that your society is better off being unarmed that's your business. With the exception of some extreme liberal areas most people here believe in the second amendment...the first as well.

most people here believe in the second amendment

I think that debate is how people interpret the second amendment not if they believe in it or not.

'Murcia: No taxation without representation! Gib us seat in fancy parliament house thing or we want freedoms!

British: No

And thus America was born.

TBH, that's how my 6th grade teacher taught us American History lol

My neighborhood has fibre optics cables layed down already. For free too

Canadia

Naorpoled 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

That escalated quickly

Quite. As many have said before, RIP post.

UnrealisticMan1993 submitter -2 points 8 months ago

You all think this is bait, THAT WAS NOT THE INTENTION OF THE POST, i merely made this post because i wanted to voice my thoughts, and get some opinions.

You all think this is controversial, THAT WAS NOT THE INTENTION OF THIS POST NEITHER, you guys are taking this miles too seriously, all i was aiming for was a few opinions, not a freaking war, if it was a war i wanted i would have made sure i was properly armed.

Now i am sorry if this topic is upsetting or offensive or whatever, but in the end i was only aiming for some level headed opinions, not this

gorkti200 2 Builds 4 points 8 months ago

I am sorry if you found all the responses a bit overwhelming and negative.

But to be fair, you did imply that the primary concern of a person traveling to the US should be getting raped to death in an alley. Perhaps... those words could have been chosen better.

maybe so

You all think this is bait, THAT WAS NOT THE INTENTION OF THE POST

Maybe the way you worded it in the first place was very harsh, and some stuff you've said isnt true and would never work.

You all think this is controversial, THAT WAS NOT THE INTENTION OF THIS POST NEITHER

Doesn't matter if that was the intention or not, you:

1. Brought up gun control.
  2. Called Trump an Idiot.
  3. Implied that people visiting the US are going to get raped for no reason?

You kinda set yourself up for it, sorry.

Maybe the way you worded it in the first place was very harsh, and some stuff you've said isnt true and would never work.

I had a paragraph in mind to reply with, but i'm gonna save myself the stress and just not comment on that

Doesn't matter if that was the intention or not, you:

Brought up gun control.

Well, let me be perfectly honest, i am one of the few who longs for World Peace, no violence of any kind, no war, no greed, only a world where everything is perfect, because atm our world is not so pretty because it's full of corrupt, greedy and selfish people

Called Trump an Idiot.

He [REMOVED] is, Obama was better, Washinton was better, Rosevelt was better, JFK was better

Implied that people visiting the US are going to get raped for no reason?

I did not imply that at all, the question was aimed at me specificly

Question: Name one concern YOU have, if you were to visit America?

I gave MY answer to the question, no I am not saying every visitor is gonna get dragged into a back alley and gets raped, I was giving MY answer

You kinda set yourself up for it, sorry.

Firstly, what you got to say sorry for, you were making your statement/point clear Secondly, I never intended to set myself up for anything, but I guess this proves that the internet can be filled with others who see other people's views as something other than what the original had intended.

tomtomj2 8 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

Well, let me be perfectly honest, i am one of the few who longs for World Peace, no violence of any kind, no war, no greed, only a world where everything is perfect, because atm our world is not so pretty because it's full of corrupt, greedy and selfish people

Perfectly understandable, however in the US there's a better compromise to gun control then taking everything away and making it a police state. That's all Ill say.

He [REMOVED] is, Obama was better, Washinton was better, Rosevelt was better, JFK was better

He isnt even the ******* president yet, how can you judge him if he hasn't even been sworn into office yet? Youre comparing him to people who had their time in office.

Yes we've have good and mediocre Presidents, but that doesn't mean because he said whatever, whenever or whatever happened makes him terrible already. Give the damn man his four years and we will decide in 2020 if hes worth another four.

I gave MY answer to the question, no I am not saying every visitor is gonna get dragged into a back alley and gets raped, I was giving MY answer

Please explain to me then why any American would want to drag you into an alley and rape you? This can happen in ANY COUNTRY.

Firstly, what you got to say sorry for, you were making your statement/point clear Secondly, I never intended to set myself up for anything, but I guess this proves that the internet can be filled with others who see other people's views as something other than what the original had intended.

You did set yourself up for it, these are very controversial topics you're throwing around here. I mean, you technically got what you wanted, we gave you our opinions on the topics you brought up lol

that i can agree on

ThoughtA staff 1 point 8 months ago

Don't bypass the profanity filter please.

[comment deleted]
UnrealisticMan1993 submitter 3 points 8 months ago

i never said they are at every corner, i merely said i fear the possibilility, good grief, i need a chocolate bar

i need a chocolate bar

I think we all need one. XD

[comment deleted]
TheOfficialCzex 3 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

Off-Topic

Falling for the b8

Gr8 b8, m8, r8ed 8/8 str8 g8 sk8, N8.

dphillips157 1 point 8 months ago

what is g8

TheOfficialCzex 3 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

Gate. Don't h8. Appreci8.

AwesomeBuilderXE1901 3 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

Did you mean: G8. Don't h8. Appreci8.

TheOfficialCzex 3 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

You're kind of l8...

[comment deleted]
ThoughtA staff 2 points 8 months ago

Don't troll. Take a few days off from posting.