add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASRock Fatality MoBo's = Are they fit for gaming?

ramzarugliabeoulve
  • 78 months ago

Hello, I'm currently surfing for mobos that can fit DDR 1600 memory chips. So I found this ASRock Fatality mobos and I wonder if they are fit into gaming? If it does, what model? If isn't, do you have other suggestions?

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

That brand has a mixed reputation. Three well known tier 1 mobo brands would be ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI.

Since you have already started two other topics leading nowhere, you can read some general information first, The Tech Report

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

ASRock is pretty much a shot in the dark, you have a 50% chance of getting one that works great and serves you well forever, or you are like me, and the other 50% chance where you get one with problems.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I disagree with the 50% bad rate. In fact, I looked at a french article last week on RMA stats and here the numbers. *(Contre means vs. Last year)

• Gigabyte 1,43% (contre 1,19%)
  • MSI 1,83% (contre 3,05%)
  • ASUS 1,86% (contre 1,79%)
  • ASRock 2,09% (contre 2,09%)
  • 78 months ago
  • 0 points

When I look at reviews though, it seems like 50% are 4star+ and 50% are 2star-

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Unhappy customers are much more likely to leave reviews than satisfied customers.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know a lot about motherboards so I can't give you a thorough suggestion...but I can tell you I just received the ASRock Fatility z87 Proffessional and it's DOA.

Thoroughly frustrated...cost me $30 to diagnose after customer support misdiagnosing it as my graphics card. Now i've had a new computer for almost 2 weeks and I have to RMA this motherboard after just completed an RMA on a perfectly fine graphics card. From what i've found through online reviews and local computer store reviews this is a common problem with ASRock. I'm personally switching to one of the other 3 well known Mobo brands...just have to decide which one...

Thought it might be useful to add that the only reason I went with ASRock were the suggestions that I got on this forum...similar to what has been said by 2 of you on this post. I suggest another brand

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes they are very good. If you want to overclock later you could go with this one. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-fatal1tyz87killer

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats the MOBo I have currently on my list to buy for next PC.. I at first had MSI Z87-G45 Gaming but was told here to switch it to fatality... but they both kinda the same... but still not sure.. to go with fatality or MSI Z87-G45 Gaming .. lol both looks like a great mobos..

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes they are fit for gaming, people will suggest gigabyte or asus (they're more popular) but you'll be fine with an asrock if that's what fits your price and you like.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube