add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

G2/G3 worth it over Corsair CXM?

smitty05
  • 38 months ago

So I am running a 4790 and GTX 960 and am going to start upgrading parts as the year goes on. My PSU is the first thing that needs to be upgraded. I do not plan on getting a big upgrade in GPU, maybe a 1060 or 480, will be sufficient for the type of games I play. Would a CX550M make more sense to get instead of a G2/G3 model to save the 30 bucks (Canadian $)? Wouldn't mind getting some sleeved cables, so that would pay for my 24-pin and part of another. I do like the warranty and efficiency of the EVGA models, just don't know if it was really worth it for a more budget style build. Thanks!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

I would spend a extra $30 for one of them. Its better and will last longer and you won't need to sleeve the cables on it yourself where you would have to with the CXM for the non modular cables.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

30 bucks isn't that much more to spend, correct? So go with the G2/G3, especially since you wouldn't mind getting sleeved cables according to you.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I was leaning the evga PSU way to begin with, but didn't think the efficiency difference would effect a more budget oriented build. And as for the Corsair CXM line, haven't read many bad things about the newer ones at all. The older models I read a lot of poor reviews. I was just going to do extensions if it was the corsair, but might do full cables if I grab the evga. Would be closer to $40 bucks more, but guess it'll be worth it in long run. Thanks for all the feedback people!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Appreciate idea but I'm canadian. Still going to order through ncix as it is best deal currently

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube