add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

radiators in the front of the case?

l13199l

74 months ago

i've seen it a few times and wonder, why are radiators put in the front of the case sometimes? I thought the front was mainly used for intake, and the radiator's job is to help exhaust air so it looks like there isn't really any benefit

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Because having the radiator on intake results in lower CPU temps, especially if you have an open-air GPU. So it depends what your priorities are. I have my H100i in the front of my case. I have a fan on the bottom of my case blowing directly up to my GPU, and plenty of exhaust at the top and back. So the cooler air going through the radiator was what I wanted for overclocking.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

^what he said^

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube