add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is a 512GB M.2 enough for a gaming laptop?

C.higgins23

28 months ago

I'm about to buy the razer blade, and I don't know what storage option to get. To go from 512GB to a 1TB m.2 is $400... :/ Is 512GB enough for everything? There's no room for a 2.5" ssd/ hdd...

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you planning on downloading or using the storage?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

C'mon bro, you know that's wrong, so please don't spread false information. Only RAM can be downloaded, not actual storage....everyone knows that... ;-)

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I read this like 3 times and then realized the sarcasm. facepalm

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

You could get the 256GB option and then upgrade it yourself to a 1TB M.2 SSD.

Or just get a cheaper laptop with the same specs and more storage.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd chose this option. Get the cheapest storage they can offer and replace it with your own as you can get it much cheaper than what they ask for it.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Would you be willing to get one from another manufacturer that isn't overpriced?

Like, this Asus one is much better for less: https://www.amazon.com/GL502VS-DB71-Full-HD-Gaming-i7-6700HQ-Windows/dp/B01K1INYD0

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube