add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Win 10 Home Edition - Group Policy Editor MMC could not create the snap-in error

bbjlfvr
  • 40 months ago

Hi all,

I have Win 10 Home edition and I know there is no Group Policy Editor but can be enabled if install, copy paste the required tools manually. I have tried quite a few tutorials on the net but none of them worked.

Tricks I tried in simple: download the gpedit install and installed it, copy the GroupPolicy and GroupPolicyUsers folders along with gpedit app into System & System32 folders and running x64 version... After doing all this and win+R typing gpedit.msc I get Group Policy window but saying "MMC could not create the snap-in" error.

Please help me.

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 0 points

Reading material: LINK
If that fails to work, since I am not a regular Win10 user, you can wait for one of the Win10 fanboys to assist you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube