add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SeaSonic S12II 620W

JonInWherever
  • 38 months ago

I'm able to get a SeaSonic S12II 620W for $40 through a friend, new, still in the box. My current planned build is only likely to need about 350W of power though, so I'd been recommended/thinking of getting the 520W, which is $50 including shipping. Should I get the smaller unit as it's closer to my needs, or the bigger one because it saves me $10?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

all depends. if you can find units like the new CX450M, Seasonic G360/450 even for $10 more those are better options. the S12II platform is dated as heck anyway so $40 for one that's double the psu you need isn't spectacular as it sounds. better to get a better unit that fits your needs than something second hand from your friend.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Problem solved - NewEgg are offering the CX450M for $29.99 after MIR, so got that!

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

You would have to stupid to pay more for a smaller unit, that is the only difference between them. There is no downside of having more wattage than you need. Although if you can spend $50 I would take a look at the 450W Corsair CXM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube