add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake 850 RGB DPS PSU + Cable Sleeving Advice

tvos
  • 38 months ago

Hello Friends,

Just purchased the Thermaltake 850 RGB DPS PSU for my P5 (Thermaltake) case. I was looking around the internet at different vendors and their colored sleeved cables.

Would there be any vendors out there that will offer trade in's on the cables that came with the PSU? I really don't need these cables and kinda of useless keeping them around - unless I decide to sell the computer or psu..

Last - most of the sleeved cables that I see that are out there are one or two color variations full cable kits. Is it possible to go A LA CARTE and choose what colors I want in a set?

Please advise and Thank You

tvos

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Would there be any vendors out there that will offer trade in's on the cables that came with the PSU?

No...

Is it possible to go A LA CARTE and choose what colors I want in a set?

Check if its available for your psu. If not you can get extensions.

http://www.icemodz.eu/sleevetool/

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I was hoping that there would be a trade in,,,, wishful thinking.

Appreciate the link and this is exactly what I am looking for... There were some real cool one's out there but I like the visual guide -

Last question? will these cables work with my Thermaltake DPS RGB 840watt? Is there something I need to be careful when ordering?

Please advise

tvos

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Icemodz makes the best cables IMO but they are also the most expensive. You need to contact them and tell them its for that specific psu. If you are ordering extensions then it will be compatible with any psu.

You can also try cablemod

https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

Select custom psu cables and then select your psu which is available and then configure the cables you need. This are cheaper.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank You for your suggestions..

I decided to go with https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/ - they support my PSU type and local to me actually.. Both stores have beautiful cables.. I also love the fact you can mod the power chord too...

tvos

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Great! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube