add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pararmetric PSU list request

WF36DMD
  • 37 months ago

Could someone please create a parametric PSU filter with the quality brands and models of PSUs for the following build. I know the EVGA G2 + G3s are highly regarded, Cosair models?, Seasonic? XFX?

Thanks.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $261.75 @ shopRBC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $95.88 @ shopRBC
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $74.99 @ Amazon Canada
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB FTW+ GAMING Video Card Purchased For $390.89
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C with Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case $102.99 @ PC Canada
Power Supply Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ Newegg Canada
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $57.69 @ DirectCanada
Case Fan Fractal Design GP12-WT 52.3 CFM 120mm Fan $13.34 @ DirectCanada
Other SilverStone PWM Fan Hub System Cables, Black (CPF04) $19.99 @ Newegg Canada
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1097.51
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-14 11:02 EST-0500

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/qzpgKZ Threw together something real quick. You can remove the CXM's if you really want but they're fine PSU's.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't work the way I was hoping it would, I was hoping to then go into the list and compare prices like you would with a normal parametric filter.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 5 points

so the parametric filter will just include everything in the same basket. Also, it will eliminate good PSUs from lesser known brands

Not unless you select specific ones for the filter...

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

+1

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Right, that's why I said brand and model. I know that a EVGA SuperNOVA NEX is not a good one, but the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 or G3 are good but that's about all I know. There are lots of people here that know a lot about PSUs and was hoping there was an easy way to do the "PSU tier list" with the specific brand and model of PSUs.

I now see that the filter doesn't work the way I thought it would. You have to select each PSU that you want to be in the filter and then add from filter, but after that there is no going back into the filtered list to change anything, or compare prices, like there is with a normal parametric filter list.

Thanks for the feedback.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube