add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Manage cooling under linux

rothrock42
  • 40 months ago

I'm planning a build for an artificial intelligence machine to run neural nets. I'm also completely new to the build world. I'm planning to run the machine under ubuntu linux because it offers good support for the software libraries I'll need.

I'm thinking of using two EVGA 1080 with the new iCX cooling https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Yh8H99/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-sc2-gaming-icx-video-card-08g-p4-6583-kr.

Doing my research, I see it mention using the Precision XOC software to tweak the fan curves. The software seems to be Windows only, right? Is it likely that I'll need to tweak the settings? If so is there a way to work around that issue?

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube