add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pretty Workstation that can handle Agisoft Photoscan

Holtwood

27 months ago

This computer will be primarily used for Photogrammetry image processing and secondarily for gaming.

• Peripherals required: As you wish to match aesthetically (costs for these will be in addition to the $2500 or less)

• Operating System required: Microsoft Windows 10

• Other - Aesthetically pleasing. I would like to hang this on the wall using stock items but at least a desktop as visible as reasonable

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Peripherals can match aesthetic. Photogrammetry isn't demanding on keyboard/mouse. I'm happy with the ASUS VG248QE 24 monitor.

I see that increasing GPUs to the recommended 1080s increase price by $220 each. If it is correct that the better performing video cards in the case of Photoscan improve performance with your listed CPU, then I would consider increasing the system max to $3000 minus peripherals to accommodate those.

Would a wallmountable case such as Thermaltake Core P3 work for this kind of setup?

How can one determine that the cooling will be adequate assuming CPU is at 100% for extended periods as it likely will be while rendering?

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks again hugely. I will digest the info!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube