• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Holtwood 20 months ago

This computer will be primarily used for Photogrammetry image processing and secondarily for gaming.

• Peripherals required: As you wish to match aesthetically (costs for these will be in addition to the $2500 or less)

• Operating System required: Microsoft Windows 10

• Other - Aesthetically pleasing. I would like to hang this on the wall using stock items but at least a desktop as visible as reasonable

Comments Sorted by:

[comment deleted]
Holtwood submitter 1 point 20 months ago

Thanks! Peripherals can match aesthetic. Photogrammetry isn't demanding on keyboard/mouse. I'm happy with the ASUS VG248QE 24 monitor.

I see that increasing GPUs to the recommended 1080s increase price by $220 each. If it is correct that the better performing video cards in the case of Photoscan improve performance with your listed CPU, then I would consider increasing the system max to $3000 minus peripherals to accommodate those.

Would a wallmountable case such as Thermaltake Core P3 work for this kind of setup?

How can one determine that the cooling will be adequate assuming CPU is at 100% for extended periods as it likely will be while rendering?

[comment deleted]
Holtwood submitter 1 point 20 months ago

Thanks again hugely. I will digest the info!