add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Arch Linux problem

AwesomeBuilderXE1901
  • 39 months ago

I have arch on my experiment box. I am installing plex-media-server from the AUR using makepkg -si with the PKGBUILD. Everytime I run that, makepkg throws up an error saying 'could not find target prelink'. I have tried pacman -Syu but that's done nothing. What do I do?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

So I'm totally going to be a noob here, but I decided to just lazily run yaourt plex-media-server on my box to see if it would work, and it did. Yes, I know that yaourt is old and bonky.

For the record, I did not say that this was the "proper" Arch way to do it.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Software > Operating Systems".

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, I've found it. Pacman only searches the official Arch repos - not the AUR. Prelink was in the AUR. I downloaded it's PKGBUILD and used makepkg -si and it worked, installing prelink, so now I can install Plex!

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad you got it solved.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Lel, it ran out of disk space in the middle. Now I'm making it a diskless server.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

...How little disk space does this machine have?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

4GB with 100MB for /boot

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

So small. ._.

[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Makepkg complains if you do that and dies.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube