add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Sledgehamer
  • 37 months ago

ok so what is the standard for power supplies was talking to someone and they said the standard for a power supply say if my setup used 500 watts u should double it and use a 1000 watt psu. i comprehend that u dont want to use a 500 watt psu on a 500 watt build but to double it seems a bit much to me???

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

A 650 watt PSU would be enough power. Just make sure it's good quality, like an Evga g2, Evga G3, corsair RMx or bitfenix whisper.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

+1

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Soooooo, no. What is your build I can recommend a good power supply for your needs. In the vast majority of cases 1000W is overkill.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zwtZjc

the psu i originally had picked was corsair hx850i

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, so a 750W-850W would be plenty. I recommend looking at EVGA's Supernova G2 line.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

thats what i thought too thank you will check that out

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The hx850 is also a good psu. I couldn't help but notice, there is a newer version of the hyper x clouds, the cloud 2. IMO it's worth the extra money.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i seen that also but i think the newer version is 7.1 and everything i have researched says the older version is still better and not worth the extra money

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not true 7.1, it still only has two drivers. The simulated surround can be turned on and off with the in line controller which also has a mic mute, and mic and headphone volume controls. I believe that the mic also received an upgrade if that matters to you. I'm looking at it like your already spending $3000 on a system what's another $20 or so.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i hear that but the old lady is already looking at me like i am spending 3000 on a system so trying not to push her any further i rather enjoy my life lol

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

750 g3 psu

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube