add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair SF450 Good for this build?

Aya_starrysky
  • 37 months ago

Hello! Where I live SFX PSUs are hard to find and at the time of writing this the only ones I were able to find from retailers that don't seem sketchy or are the first owners of the PSU are:

-Corsair's entire SF Lineup

-A Sharkoon SFX unit

I'm planning on getting the SF450 for a build consisting of an i5-7500 (I know, Ryzen but my father says no AMD), 16GB of Avexir RAM, an RX 480 (I don't game that much nowadays so the 480 is enough for me), a hard drive and other things. Would this suffice? I'm really limited to SFX because of a mod I'm planning to do and a full sized ATX PSU would be too much for the GPU's fans. Here is the Outvervision calculator screencap: http://imgur.com/a/gmO7x

Thank you!!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Calculators aren't accurate.

Why do you need a SFX supply, what case are you building in?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm building inside a Define Nano S but I will be modding in a PSU shroud, that's why I need an SFX PSU.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

The SF450 should be fine, Corsair also has an SF700 if you find your PC gasping for more power...

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you thank you!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube