add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TechAndGaming
  • 39 months ago

How would I set up windows so that program files are on an 120 gb ssd everything else is on an hdd Also how would I transfer a Windows 10 installation from a laptop to my ssd

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Under some circumstances, you should be able to transfer your windows 10 license to another computer (Read here to find out if you can: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windows-10-license-new-pc/) and to transfer it to an SSD I would let it install on the computer with just the SSD connected, (some BIOS screens let you choose what you want to use for bootup, SSD or HDD) and if you're talking about program files like programs downloaded from the internet, you should be able to choose where they are saved when downloading them. If you are talking about files that download with windows 10 when you install it on the SDD they should already be there.

Hope this helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The thing is I upgraded windows 10 for free from 7. Microsoft calls it a digital license so would work still.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube